"Roommate" Part 8

Allie went to the front door, peaking out the nearby window before unlocking the door, and swinging it open. "Hi dad." She said with a bit of a smile as she gave him a small hug.

"Hey pumpkin. How've you been?" Her Dad (named Jake) stepped inside after the brief hug. He let out a bit of a worn out sounding sigh as he stood there and stretched.

"I've been good, I actually enrolled in a school here. And well one of my friends from the other school wanted to move in with me until she can get an apartment. She is going to be working." Allie said almost questioningly as she walked into the kitchen to clean off the table, tucking the papers into her laptop, before holding it under her arm.

"Actually that's great, you have a friend from your other school, you won't be all alone. But they have to follow by my rules-"

"If you drop it pick it up, if you make the mess clean it, laundry gets washed on Sunday in separate loads. Every one cleans the dishes, on school nights lights out by eleven, weekends any thing is fine as long as we are back in the house by ten." Allie repeated the rules she had been taught the first time she stayed with her dad after the separation.

"That's my girl." Jake said as he ran his fingers through his dark and slightly graying hair before picking up his work bag. "Alright, I'm going off to start my second shift, I'm going to stay in Rexton the rest of the week okay? If you need money for anything call, Okay?" He said as he got ready to leave once more, he walked over kissing the top of her head. Just as quickly as he had shown up he was gone.