Chapter One.

*Dakota*

I'm running late to get home, again. Typical me.

Mr. Rodgers assigned me to a big assignment. I think he's starting to like me as an employee now.

It's been a year since Harry Styles, from One Direction, has disappeared. It was like he vanished into thin air. Like, he fell off the face of planet Earth. One year after their last tour. The tour One Direction went on without Harry Styles. It became a total frenzy when fans found out that Harry Styles wouldn't be on the new tour, which just finished. It's been said that One Direction want to continue their music without Harry, but they're starting to wonder if they can really do it.

So, it is my job to interview people, mostly teen girls, if the rest of One Direction should continue their music without Harry.

I walk into the little café that I always go to after work.

"Hi, Troy." I greet the guy behind the counter; he's always here when I get off work. To say Troy looked like Harry Styles was an understatement. Except Troy had shorter, darker, curly, quiffed hair and he had bright blue eyes. Everything else seemed to look the same, though.

"Hi. Dakota, is it?" Troy jokes.

I nod my head and return a smile to him, "Yes, that's me. Can I get my usual, please?" My usual being a double shot mocha frappuchino. I needed my energy when I got off work. There was always more work to be done.

Troy turns to the coffee machine and makes my drink for me. Being that he always knows what I want, he has it done in record time.

"Thank you." I say as Troy hands me my drink.

"No problem. What's your assignment this time?" Troy asks, leaning over the counter and giving me his full attention.

I shrug, "Nothing big. Just have to interview some people about One Direction's issue with Harry Styles."

Troy gasps, "Nothing big? That's a big issue! Couldn't this, like, get you promoted or something?"

I laugh. It's amazing how excited Troy was for me, because let's be honest, this is actually a big deal. If I do well on this assignment, I could get promoted! Being a top reporter, working on much bigger assignments, it's something I've always wanted. Writing is my thing, and I couldn't give it up.

"Troy, stop flirting and get back to work!" The café manager yells. Troy blushes and stands up straight.

He laughs, "Well, I guess I have to get back to work."

I laugh, too, "I guess you do. Um, do you want to come over after you get off work, and we can maybe hangout for awhile?" I couldn't help but blush as I was asking Troy over.

Let's be real, Troy was an attractive boy, and he was very caring as well. Being that I came into this café every day, Troy and I have become better friends. So, who am I to lie and say that I don't like Troy a bit? Because, seriously, I kind of do.

Troy smiles, his dimples revealing in his cheeks, "I would love to."

"You know where I live right?" I ask.

"That one apartment by Main street, right?" Troy smirks.

I laugh at him, he's always trying to make jokes, "Yes, because that so narrows it down."

"I'm kidding. Yes, I'll see you later."

"Troy!" The manager yells again. I laugh at how Troy got startled by the manager. I make my way out the café doors and start walking home.