Bonus Chapter: ...Malfoy?

I need an answer to this. Hogwarts was founded in the 10th century, right? And sinks weren't invented until the 18th century. So how was the chamber of secrets created?
Harry's POV
"Why? Why is it so hard to get a date for the ball?" I said hopelessly as I stared at the ceiling sbove me.
"I don't know, mate. And why do they have to travel in packs? It's so hard to get one alone," Ron lamented in the bed several feet away. I sighed. This is going to be difficult.

Y/N POV
I sighed at my brunette friend.
"Look, Mione, I am 110% sure that someone will ask you out! You don't need to stress about it!" Hermione nodded half-heartedly.
"It's just..." She sighed. "I'm just nervous, you know?" I nodded. She continued. "I'm just worried, and stressed. I'm not as beautiful as you are, so boys don't go for girls like me. I mean, you're definitely going to be asked. Not just because you're part veela, but you are just a wonderful person overall. You're smart, funny, brave, loyal, and one of the best friends I've ever had." I teared up, and hugged Hermione impulsively.
"You don't know how much that means to me," I whispered. "All my life I've been seen as only a pretty face, and no one except Fleur, my parents, and now you, have ever seen me for anything other than that." I stepped away from her and held her shoulders. "And Hermione, believe me, you are beautiful." She teared up as well, and hugged me. We were interrupted by Krum. He asked to speak to Hermione alone, so I simply nodded, and walked down the hall. The only thing I can think of as why he wanted to speak to Hermione alone is that he wanted to ask her to the ball. They are cute together, and she did tell me that he watches her in the library. A bit stalkerish if you ask me. Hermione came back to my side.
"What happened? Did he ask you to the ball?" She smiled.
"He did, but I said maybe." I looked at her, eyes wide and a gaping mouth.
"Why not yes?" She looked down sheepishly and blushed.
"Well, I... I want Ron to ask me." My smile grew bigger.
"You guys would be very cute together, just saying." She chuckled at that, but the blush didn't go away.
"Oi! Gryffindor!" I turned in surprise at the new voice, but then frowned slightly when I saw Malfoy.
"Malfoy." He turned to Hermione.
"Granger, could you please give us some time alone?" She looked surprised.
"What, no mudblood remark?" Malfoy sighed.
"Just... Just give us a minute, please?" Mione looked wide eyed at his use of the word "please". She nodded, then turned to me.
"I'll meet you back in the dorms, okay?" I smiled at her.
"Sounds good." Turning back to Malfoy, who was looking at the floor, I raised an eyebrow. "Well?" He looked up at me.
"Look, I know that we got off on the wrong foot, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the way I've treated your friends, and you. Will... Will you... Forgive me?" He looked me in the eyes at the last part, and I could see how sincere he was. My mouth broke into a soft smile. "Yes, I do forgive you." He smiled at me, and nervously ran his hands through his hair. It was rather attractive.
"But that isn't the only thing I wanted to tell you, even though I really meant it. Will you... Do you... Would you maybe..." My smile grew a bit at his nervousness.
"Yes?" I prompted gently.
He took a deep breath.
"Y/N, would you maybe consider going to the ball with me?" I hesitated, not sure if this was a good idea. He continued hastily.
"I know you still might not like me a lot, but will you please just consider it?"
"For now, my answer is maybe, but I'll get back to you on that, I promise." I turned to leave and walked a few steps, then turned around and said, "But I have a feeling that it might change to a yes, Draco." Giving him one last gentle smile, I turned around and made my way back to the dorms. Flopping onto my bed, I sighed. Hermione pulled me up by my arms.
"Okay, Y/N, what happened? Why did Malfoy of all people want to talk to you." I smiled, and said teasingly,
"You're smart, Mione! What do you think?" She rolled her eyes.
"Did he ask you to the ball?" I nodded, with a small smile on my face.
"And I think I'm going to say yes." At the confused looking her face, I continued.
"I told him maybe, but honestly, he was... He was really sweet. He apologized for how he treated you guys and me, and actually asked me to forgive him." Hermione widened her eyes.
"That's...different than the normal Malfoy I know. But Y/N, I trust you. I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself. And to be honest, he seemed sincere. But don't tell the boys, because they will tell you that he was just faking, and that he doesn't mean it, and is going to hurt you." I smiled gratefully at the girl.
"Thanks, Mione. And yes, I agree with you about not telling the boys."