Ch. 6 - Helplessly hoping

The first sunbeams were lighting up the sky when Alice slowly opened her eyes. The room was warm and she could have slept for hours if she hadn't noticed it wasn't actually her room.

What the hell...

The young girl abruptly sat on the bed, still dizzy as she made huge efforts to remember what she was doing here. Pressing her fingers against her temples, she was startled by a voice.

''Good morning.''

Alice's eyes widened, the source of the sound leading her gaze to the door. Oh god, it couldn't be. She gasped, shocked as she saw him.

"Didn't you sleep well ?" A white shirt and blue jeans replaced Loki's usual black suit and she realized she'd never seen him without it. Still devastatingly gorgeous, he opened the curtains and gave her one of his famous grins.

He took a few steps closer and sat on the edge of the mattress, causing her to pull the sheets against her chest. It took Loki a moment to understand what had crossed her mind. "Oh, you're the one who assaulted me yesterday night, Alice."

"Alright...'' she huffed, ''Did we..."

Obviously offended, Loki shifted, a peevish frown crossing his face. "Oh dear, you really don't remember anything about last night."

Heat flooded her cheeks as she sucked in a short breath. It was enough to spark a wave of panic and she tried to stand up.

"Oh no, no, no. You don't want to get up." Loki clamped his long fingers around her wrist in an attempt to dissuade her from standing, but Alice shot him an accusing glance. "I do want to get up thanks, I'm a big girl, Professor."

Loki looked away, releasing his grip on her arm as she almost shouted at him. When Alice finally managed to get out of the bed and finally stood up, the cool air came caressing her bare skin. The only thing she hadn't taken account of was her lack of clothes.

"Holy shit !" she swore, falling back on the bed and swiftly pulling the sheets back against her breasts as she tried to hide her nudity.

Still looking away, Loki couldn't keep a laughter. To the satisfied smile on his face, she could say he was enjoying the situation. Explosively fulminating, Alice leaned forward and repeatedly punched his arm.

''How dare you ? Why would you take my clothes off ? Fuck you, I was drunk Loki, drunk !'' She yelled.

Loki moved back, exasperation clear on his face, ''Alice, stop. Enough !'' he grabbed her wrists, seriousness written on his features, ''You vomited on your dress, I just helped you taking it off.''

She instantly stopped.

Oh. That wasn't glamour, at all.

Alice stared at him in disbelief, completely ashamed. However, stubborn as she was, she couldn't help but throw another displeasing comment.

''Normal guys cover the girl with one of their shirts.'' She grumbled.

Rolling his eyes, Loki beckoned her to look behind. She took a glance at the pillow he was pointing next to her. A wrinkled shirt was resting there, wide open. Memories started to flash in her head. Had she really... Oh god, yes. She'd taken it off.

''You said I assaulted you ?'' Alice whispered, shame keeping her from talking louder. Loki slowly nodded, his icy gaze piercing her soul.

Now she remembered. The stupid drunken girl she was had literally tried to kiss him against his will. Fuck... Burying her face into her hands, Alice tried to push the memories and the words she'd spoken away. Did I really... As she tried to make sense of all this, Alice grabbed the shirt next to her and put it on. Absently buttoning it, she suddenly opened wide eyes.