Ch. 14 - Chaos

Alice threw a pinch of salt into the boiling water and absentmindedly stared at it. Gently, a pair of strong arms snaked around her waist and she heard Loki purr against her ear,

''My, my, what are we cooking ?''

She felt his chest pressing against her back and her whole body responded to his touch, to his hands sliding down her belly and the way his voice teased. Alice's stomach tightened with desire. The simple touch set fire to her core. It was pure instinct, this intense feeling that gave birth to the crazy sexual tension between them.

The young girl threw her head back, feeling Loki's lips ghost against the skin of her neck,

''Loki...'' she whispered, ''What if Emily walks in ?''

He let out a slight chuckle and held her even tighter,

''You think I didn't tell her ?'' he muttered in a lazy, deep tone.

A burning blush reached Alice's cheeks and she gasped at the sensation of Loki's fingertips sliding under her shirt. He caressed her skin in slow, gentle movements. Battling her own thoughts, Alice gulped. It was impossible to think, even to breathe, with him invading all her senses. Loki's lips pressed against the bare skin of her shoulder, sending delicious shivers along her arms.

She turned around, her heart skipping a few beats as she did. Looking up at him, she saw the lust in his gaze and bit down onto her lip. Loki lowered his head, allowing his mouth to brush against hers and she entangled her fingers into his hair. Her lips deliberately moved against his as she felt his both hands gliding along her back. The slow slide of his mouth, the divine contact of his velvety tongue dancing around hers. He was intoxicating.

Loki was breathing hoarsely through the kiss and the more he touched her, the more Alice craved his contact. She wanted more, she wanted him.

However, a familiar voice broke them out of their reverie, ''Hey, I can't remember what you said about that book...'' Emily stopped at once and Alice quickly stepped back, her body hitting the furniture behind her.

Shit, shit, shit.

Emily stared at them for a few seconds and her gaze went from Loki to his lover whose face was crimson red. Alice turned back to the saucepan and tried to keep herself busy. A grin appeared on the corner of Emily's lips and she cleared her throat,

''Well, glad to see you guys are having fun.'' she chuckled, taking a few steps towards the kitchen's counter. Elbowing Alice, she then offered her a friendly smile, ''I know everything.'' she winked.

Alice shot a glance to Loki and noticed the shy blush and smile on his face. Blinking in confusion, she tilted her head,

''Everything ?'' she repeated, not sure Emily knew what she was talking about, but Loki's niece nodded, her eyes widening.

''Yep, everything.'' she confirmed, ''From your sister's wedding to his struggle with his deep, passionate feelings...'' she placed a hand on her heart in a theatrical gesture and laughed.

Interesting.

Alice heard Loki cough loudly behind her. In the corner of her eyes, she saw him rubbing the back of his head and slowly turned to face him.

''Alright, enough.'' he patronized, ''I think she already knows that story.''

A smile curved Alice's lips and she frowned,

''Oh no, I'd love to hear Emily's version,'' she nodded, exchanging a complicit glance with his niece.

Screwing up his eyes, Loki stepped towards them and planted a kiss right on Alice's cheek, his arm circling her waist for a moment. He nodded towards Emily, narrowing his green gaze,