Chapter Four

It was safe to say that I awoke the next morning with a pounding head and an aching body. I didn't dare sit up, just laid on my side allowing my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

"Morning lightweight." Eric spoke and I turned my head to look at him. He was stood at the edge of the bed with a pile of clothes in his hands.

I groaned. "What's the time?"

"Time that you got a watch." He smirked and walked over to the closet.

"I appreciate that you're trying to be funny and all that, but I'm not in the mood." I grumbled.

"It's almost twelve."

My eyes widened a little. "I slept that long?!"

"You were out for the count. I've been to Angelina's, had breakfast, been to the gym, got the clean washing and tidied the apartment this morning, and you slept the entire time."

I groaned again. "I feel like I was run over by an Amity truck."

"And you know how that feels do you?"

"No, but I'm guessing that it's a lot like this."

He chuckled. "I'd have thought that you'd have learnt the first time."

"Apparently not." I grumbled. "At least I'm not fighting someone today."

"You can fight me if you like." He looked over his shoulder and grinned at me.

"I'll pass."

He chuckled again and finished putting the clothes away, before joining me on the bed. "Head hurt?"

"A lot."

"Feel like you're going to vomit?"

"Not yet."

He smirked and pressed his lips to my forehead. "I'll get you something for your head, though I really should leave you to suffer in your self-inflicted pain."

"I knew there was a reason I loved you." I smiled at him, though it probably looked more like a grimace. "Thank you."

He stood up and left the room, and I rolled over onto my other side. I gasped as a sharp pain shot through me, radiating from my hip. I pulled the sheets back to see that I had a large black bruise covering the once pale skin, right where my hip bone was.

"Holy shit." I whispered to myself, poking the bruise and wincing as more pain shot through me.

"How'd you get that?" Eric questioned as he entered the room again.

"I have no idea." I replied. Come to think of it, I couldn't remember much at all after getting a tattoo.

Tattoo.

I pushed the sheets further back and looked down at my thigh. I peeled the covering back to see the two small hearts.

"It looks good." Eric commented and handed me a cup and some pills.

I took them, then quickly chucked back the pills before drinking the water. I placed the cup on the small table beside the bed, and Eric sat down beside me.

"You're lucky, it's scabbed less than I'd expect." He said, softly touching it. "You'll need to moisturise it after you shower."

"Ergh, showering sounds painful. I have to move."

He chuckled again. "Well, we called always make it fun.." He waggled his eyebrows.

"Not in the mood."