Boyfriend

Sodapop
          "Steve, what's it mean when a girl undresses in front of ya'?" I asked, wiping off the windshield of the car we were working on.
          He rolled out from under the car, wrench in hand, and gave me the most dumbfounded look I had ever seen. "Wha-- how stupid are you? It means you're 'bout to get some, ya' dud."
          "No, no-- I mean, like, when she changes in front of you? What's that mean?"
          "Well, you've either been kicked so far into the friend-zone, or she's really interested in you-- like really, really interested." He chuckled. "Why? What's goin' on, Soda?"
          I thought back to (F/n)'s pretty eyes, her soft lips, the feeling of her skin on my own. "Pony and Darry were fighting last week, so I went over to (F/n)'s place to escape. She and I fell asleep, and at about 2:30 we woke up and decided to head out to The Dingo. She was in her lazy clothes at the time, so even though the bathroom door was right next to her, she changed her clothes right in front of me, like-- like it was nothing! She didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was right there! I was afraid that meant she wasn't interested in me, but since we kissed, that has to mean that she--"
          "Woah, woah! You kissed her? You kissed (F/n)?" He grinned. "How was it? Like, total makin' out? Or just..." He made a short kissing sound, and I shook my head, a smirk tugging at my lips.
          "It lasted more than two minutes. There was tongue."
          He slapped his leg. "Oh, dude, she is so into you." He paused. "Say, what kind of underwear'd she have?"
          "Pervert!" I laughed, looking down at the little bobblehead figure sitting on the dashboard inside the car. After a moment, Steve rolled back under the car, going back to the transmission. I let out a huff and closed my eyes lightly. "Black lace."
          "Damn."
          "Hey, now! Don't you go start picturing that!" I grinned. "But seriously, don't tell (F/n) I told you. Don't you let on one bit. We haven't even talked about it, and it's been a week."
          Just then, the door opened up, and in stepped (F/n). Steve looked out from under the car and said, "Well, speak of the devil!"
          "And she shall appear," (F/n) added, curtsying jokingly. "What were you talking about, then?"
          She was wearing pair of white jean shorts, which ended just above her mid-thigh, and a light blue t-shirt, outlining her figure. Her hair was in a simple ponytail, looking as soft as ever. I wanted to play with it right there. Her petite shoes were just normal, white tennis shoes, but I was wondering what size she was.
          "Your-- uh, your broken arm," I replied. "How's it feelin'?"
          She groaned, leaning against the red car. "It's as sore as hell, Soda. I've got three more weeks with this stupid cast. I'm so ready to get it off. I'll finally be able to head to the pool with Pony and Johnny. Get this: I smacked my cast against the refrigerator door this morning; I think I broke my arm all over again," (F/n) joked, a gorgeous smile gracing her lips. I loved how she smiled with her whole face.
          "Aw, sorry 'bout that, Doll. Wanna hand me a rag?" Steve said.
          "Sure. Here you go." She dropped a fresh cloth into his hand, letting out a sigh. "Well, I have to start my shift. By the way, Soda, thanks for hooking me up here. Jackson's birthday is coming up soon, and I need to get him a present. But, unfortunately, I'm broke as hell. This job will change that." She chuckled.
          "No problem. It's nice having some eye-candy workin' around the station," I said, giving her a nod and a wink.
          "Oh, shut up, you." (F/n) slapped my arm lightly and backed towards the door. "Well, try not to break the car, Steve. I'll be in here."
          I waved as she went inside the store attached to the workshop. I sighed and went back to waxing the car. It was a '64 Ford Mustang, and a nice one, at that. The guys who dropped it off said they were visiting a friend in town, and asked me about a place to stay. The owner looked like a Soc, wearing a nice pair of khakis and a blue and white striped t-shirt. He was supposed to come back in an hour, so I was relieved when Steve came out from underneath the car, saying he was done. We gave the car a quick oil change and scooted it out of the garage so we could start working on the next car.
          I started humming to myself quietly after Steve left for his lunch break. I opened the front lid of the car and started looking around for the issue. A woman had brought it in earlier, saying that her engine was making a weird popping noise whenever she braked. I started working, feeling the cool breeze of summer flowing through the car shop.
          I heard a crashing from inside the store, and (F/n) came bumbling through the door. Eyes wide, she ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders. I gave her a questioning look, letting her catch her panicky breath.
          "Soda, do me a favor, will you?" I nodded, and she continued. "A boy our age is about to walk through that door. The second he does, you become my boyfriend. Got it?"
          I gulped, nodding again. She grinned nervously, hugging me close. "Can I ask, why?"
          "Hey, I'm here for my-- (F/n)?"