Parents

My mental health has been a little weird but generally a lot better than usual. That is until today when I was arguing with Hayden.
Hayden was being Hayden. He has ADHD so he is...different. He rarely behaves and when he does it's because of his pills. He was mad at our dad's fiance, Richelle. He was sitting in the living room, throwing his books around. I was sitting on the opposite side of the living room. " Can you stop?" I asked annoyed. " No!" He yelled. " I hate her! I wish she'd die!" " Hayden, the world doesn't revolve around you." I agitatedly responded. " I don't care! I never get attention! I'm gonna end up dying because of her!" I jumped up of the couch. " Don't you dare say that!" I screamed. He glared at me. " Believe it or not, other people have worse lives than you, Hayden! There are children starving right now and dying and without families!" " They're the lucky ones!" He yelled back." It was silent for a moment. " Lucky?" I asked. " You think they're lucky? There are people who are alone in this world. People who don't have anything or anyone. People who want to end their lives because of the actions of one person." My voice was shaky and hoarse. " There are people who are hit everyday and kidnapped and slaughtered. People like Kodi. He's not even six yet and he's been through things that people in their thirties can't even imagine!" My voice was booming now. " I want to run away." Hayden replied angrily. " I want to leave and abandon all of this." " Abandonment is for weak people. Only weak people abandon things." I was infuriated now. " I'm not weak! Abandonment isn't for weak people! People say our mom abandoned us and she didn't!-" " Mom is nothing! She doesn't care about you or me or Ashley! You don't understand, Hayden!" I cut him off, my voice was now raging. " You don't understand, Connie!" He screeched. I just stared at him for a minute. " I do understand." My voice was low and almost like a whisper. " I understand because I was the same way with Kodi's mom that you are with Richelle. But I had it worse. You know why I'm so hard on you? Because the more I pay attention, the more I realize that you're just like me. We're nothing but middle kids, Hayden. At least you're mom's baby. I don't have anyone except granny." " My life is much worse!" He screamed. " I'm not arguing with you about this." I calmly stated. " You're being ridiculous!" " I'm not arguing with you about this." " You're so stupid! You don't understand-" " I'm not arguing with you about this, Hayden!" We stopped when Richelle came back inside. She didn't even hear us bickering. I went into the bathroom while Richelle was lecturing Hayden. I sat there and sobbed and sobbed. Hayden didn't understand. He didn't understand Kodi's mom. Or ours. He didn't understand that Kodi's mom hit me everyday. Hard! No one understood. So I just sat in the bathroom. Crying.

* A/N - So this may have just happened like 20 minutes ago...please don't ask for details. *