Chapter 6

"Ms.Montgomery. Hello? Ms.Montgomery? Are you listening to me? Ms.Montgomery!!! AUDREY!"

I jump up, startled. Just noticing that Ms. Watson has been yelling at me for the last 7 minutes.

"Yes I'm here. I'm so sorry Ms.Watson, I-I-I just spaced out I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"You're darn right it won't. Ms.Montgomery, I'm not 100% sure you understand, but although I am just your homeroom teacher, I am STILL a teacher. I don't appreciate you not paying any attention to what I have to say. I am responsible for you and will not, I repeat, will not, have you zoning out and missing attendance and dare I say, the announcements. Do you understand me?"

Is she serious? The announcements? Attendance!? When did these things become important to anyone. I wanted to freak out in front of that woman right there in class.

Instead I just responded with a quiet, "yes,Ms.Watson." and took my seat.

-----------------------------------------

"Oh my God Audrey, you should have seen the look on your face when she called you out like that, you looked so pissed!" Jen says as we begin waking out of the classroom.

"Nobody cares about the garden club so she can just stop trying to get me to pay attention."

Jen just laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Jen! Audrey! Guys!"

Jen and I turned around to see Macy running down the hall.

"Joe and Ian just got into a fist fight durning homeroom!"

Ian. Star quarterback of Springfield high.

Jen and I quickly took off down the hall in the same direction Macy came from. When we walked into the room we saw Ian pounding Joes face in and Joe was trying to fight back.

"JOE! JOE!" I screamed as I began pulling him away.

"Hey back off asshole!" Jen screamed as she began pulling Ian away.

Ian pulled away from Jen and walked out the room.

"Someone call 911. He's not breathing. Hurry!" I yelled while trying to bring Joe back to consciousness.

Everyone immediately picked up their phones and began calling for help.

Jen ran down the hall to the nurse.

"Come on Joe stay with me. You're okay. He's worthless. You can't let him win. Come one"