Chapter 20

I didn't even bother to find Jen and Macy after school. I decided to walk home and then to have mom drive me to the hospital.

I spent the whole walk home thinking about Ian and Noah and everything else. Why was everything so messed up? What did I do to deserve this? I was a good kid. I got good grades and didn't get in any trouble. Why was I being punished? I needed to talk to Joe.

"Mom, can you drive me to the hospital?" I yelled as I walked through the front door.

"Hang on Chris." Mom said into the phone. "Audrey I'm sorry I can't right now.

"Well where's dad?"

"He picked up a double shift at work. I can drive you after school tomorrow."

"Just, forget it mom. I'll get another ride." I rolled my eyes, grabbed my bag and walked back out the door.

I walked outside and went through all of the contacts in my phone, trying to find someone I wasn't annoyed at to drive me to see Joe.

I considered calling Jen, but quickly decried against it. I didn't want her asking questions.

I landed on a contact that I had meant to delete. After about 10 minutes of debating whether or not to call, I figured I might as well. What other choice did I have?

"Um,hey Audrey."

"Hey. I need you to do me a favor."

"Yeah. Absolutely. Anything. I really need to talk to you."

"Fine. Pick me up in 10 minutes."

"Alright."

"Uh,thanks Noah."

"Of course. I owe you an explanation."