Chapter 19

Monday morning I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, did my hair and makeup and then walked downstairs to eat breakfast before school.

Before seeing Noah.

I decided on cereal that morning. Cheerios.

I ate my breakfast and then got up and headed outside to meet Jen.

Jen and Macy pulled up a few minutes later.

"How are you doing,kiddo?" Jen said.

"Still pretty pissed. I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

Then we turned on the radio and finally decided to listen to Disconnected by 5 Seconds of Summer.

Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen,

I like the summer rain,

I like the sounds you make,

We put the world away,

We get so disconnected.

We pulled into the school parking lot belting out the last verse of the song, laughing and dancing. I had totally forgotten about Noah.

Jen and Macy went to talk to a teacher before homeroom and I went to my locker to get my books for first period. When I got to my locker, Ian was there, smiling.

"Hey Audrey. How've you been?"

"Get away from me Ian. You're a scumbag. I can't risk losing any IQ points talking to you." I pushed him off of my locker, put in my combination and began to open my locker before Ian slammed it, almost talking off my fingers.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.

"Come on Audrey, don't be like that. Don't be so...stubborn. Smile for me."

"You're a creep."

"Awe babe, you don't mean that."

"Um yes, I do. And don't call me babe! Jesus."

"Sorry...babe."

"Ian I swear if you don't get away from me I'm going to-"

"What's going in here?" Someone said from behind me.

Noah.

"Oh hey Noah. Nothing. I'm just talking to my good friend, Audrey." Ian said.

"Ian, we are not friends! Ok? I would rather get hit by a train. Understand?"

Ian laughed.

"I'm serious!" Then I turned towards Noah.

"We aren't friends either, ok? Not friends and definitely not anything more."

Noah began to talk and I pushed through him before he could say anything.

He didn't even try to stop me.