3: Call Me Kai

It's day two of Jongin being here and he's already a nuisance.

At dinner last night he managed to convince my parents that he's just an angel.

Yeah right. If they knew him like I do, they wouldn't be saying that.

I sling my backpack over my shoulder and walk out of my bedroom door and into a chest. Literally.

"Watch it," I say, rubbing my forehead and smoothing out my bangs. "Why are you standing outside my door anyway?"

He holds up a set of keys in his hand. "Isn't it obvious? I'm driving you to school today."

His silvery gray hair was styled down today, with it nearly getting in his eyes.

I glance down at his outfit, a white buttoned down long sleeve shirt, tucked inside a pair of black skinny jeans that we're ripped at the knee. My eyes go back to his face, which has an annoying smile on it.

"Checking me out?" He asks.

I immediately look away from his face and roll my eyes.

"No, I'm not. And you're not driving me. I'm not trusting you with my life," I push past him and head down the stairs.

"Bye mom and dad," I say as I open the door, stepping out into the semi-cool fall air.

Holy moly. That's his car?

I didn't even bother to look at what he came in yesterday. I didn't even look outside.

A white Lamborghini convertible sits in my driveway. The interior is black and there's not a single scratch or mark on it whatsoever.

"It's nice, isn't it?"

"Woah!" I spin around, arms up ready to fight. "You've got to quit sneaking up on me!"

"Sorry," He laughs, making his eyes crinkle in the corners. "So what about that ride?"

I look from him to the white beauty begging to be drove.

"Well...I don't guess one ride would hurt," I mutter.

"Yes! Come on, get in!" He smiles, and we walk over to the very expensive car.

Darn these rich people and their fancy cars.

I carefully open the door and sit in slowly. The hood on it is down, thank goodness, I wouldn't want my hair tangled. The interior still looks brand new, and there's no garbage or anything littering the floors. No fingerprints are anywhere to be found either.

He slides inside right after I do and throws his backpack in the back. I choose to keep mine in my lap.

He puts the key in the ignition and it purrs to life.

"Its a really nice car isn't it?" He asks, looking over to me for approval.

I nod. "Its really pretty," I say as we back out of the driveway and begin the drive to school.

I point my finger over at him. "But this does not mean that I like you!"

He laughs. "Sure, okay."

"Jongin!" I scold, and he laughs some more.

"Hey," He looks over at me for a second, still smiling. "You don't have to call me Jongin, you know. You can call me Kai. Everyone else does."

I nod. "Ohh," I clear my throat. "Kai. Kai. Kai."

I say it over and over, trying it out.