13: Explain This

I managed to make my bruises almost unnoticeable this morning by using foundation and the right amounts of other makeups.

My parents didn't seem to notice anything wrong with me, so I figure that if the people who gave birth to me couldn't tell anything, then no one else could either.

The area of my upper arm is also bruised from where that man grabbed it, and I wish now that I had turned around and beat him myself, instead of Chanyeol.

I open my locker door, staring into the space.

I need to figure out a way to get back at those girls. I pull out my book and place it in my arms. I wonder what I can do? I'm not so violent as to try to physically hurt them like they did me, so I guess my plan of revenge has to be sneaky.

I close the door of my locker.

"Hello, gorgeous."

"Ah!"

I jump and nearly drop my books at the sudden appearance of Kai, who was standing behind my locker door, waiting on me.

"Woah, easy," He says, helping me catch my books. "You're a little jumpy today, aren't you?"

I give him a nervous smile. "Yeah," I quietly laugh. "You startled me."

Don't worry, Somi. You put on enough makeup that he isn't going to notice it at all. Don't worry. If your parents didn't even notice then how is he-

"Hey, what happened to your neck?" He asks, and I can feel his fingers brush against my makeup coated skin softly.

Shoot.

"Oh," I back away from him, my hand flying up to cover the bruises. "I fell."

He looks at me skeptically, and I begin to wonder if he's really going to fall for my poorly made lie.

"You...fell?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I nod. "Yeah!" I begin to laugh. "You know how clumsy I am!"

He gives me a final dubious look, before he smiles as well. "Wow," He puts his hand on my shoulder. "What am I going to do with you?"

I let out a breath of air and shrug. "I don't know."

That was way too close. I feel bad for lying to him, and I know that it's wrong, but I really don't need him to worry and fight for me. I can handle it myself. I want to handle it myself.

I hear his phone go off in his pocket, and he pulls it out, looking at the screen.

"Hey, I gotta go," He says. "Xiumin just messaged me about his Lambo. I've got to go check it out."

He must notice my disappointed expression, because he smiles apologetically down at me.

"I'll see you at lunch, so don't look so down," He puts his hand on my shoulder affectionately and I nod at him.

I watch him as he walks down the hallway, heading out the main doors. My back leans against the lockers, and I close my eyes, catching my breath.

"I'm glad to see that he left you," I hear the high pitched voice of a girl, and I open my eyes.

It's the taller girl from before, and I clench my jaw.

"Did you enjoy my surprise?" The girl smiles sickeningly at me, and I take a threatening step towards her.