Blinded.

It was a typical Sunday night and I was in my room working on homework that I decided to finish at the last minute. It wasn't a surprise that I waited to do it because I had much better things to do rather than study all weekend.

"Bailie! Get in here! Kaylin's on the phone!" My mom shouts from the kitchen.

"Okay, hold on!" I say, closing my geography textbook, wondering why Kaylin didn't call my iPhone. I get up from my bed and race into the kitchen where my mother was waiting impatiently, with the telephone in her hand. I take it and thank her.

"Kaylin, why didn't you call my phone?"

"There's no time for that.. I have the best yet worst news ever. You ready?" She says.

"I guess I'm ready? Go ahead." I answer.

"Are you sure you're ready..?"

"For God sakes, Kaylin! Just tell me already!" I say, irritated.

"Geez, someone's grumpy.." I hear through the phone.

"Shut up, and just tell me. Please." I sigh.

"Okay, well you know the new kid who is supposed to be in school tomorrow?" She asks.

"Yeah, what about him?" I say, annoyed.

"I literally just found out that he's my neighbor.. No joke." I hear a squeal through the phone.

"God, Kaylin, my ears! I need them, ya know!" I say, slightly pulling the phone away from the right side of my head.

"Sorry. He's just like, the hottest guy ever.. I'm not even kidding.. Looks dangerous though.." She explains.

"Goodbye, Kaylin.." I sigh.

"Wait! No, don't hang up! I want to talk more about him!" She pleads.

"No, you can obsess over him tomorrow, okay? I need to go. Bye."

"Ugh, fine. Whatever," She says. "Night!"

"Night." I say, then hanging up. 'Now, back to my homework..' I think to myself. I set the phone back on the kitchen counter and go back to my room. I hop on my bed, finishing my geography.

As I got done, I put my books and pencil back in my bag, turn off the lights, and went to bed.

The next morning rolled around as I got up at 5:30 AM. Normally, I'd sleep in until 6:30, but for some reason I was wide awake. Weird. Since I had the time, I went into the kitchen to get myself a bowl of Cheerios. I needed something to boost my energy for one of the worst days of the week. Monday. Ugh.

As I finished my breakfast, I went into the bathroom to put on my makeup. Wouldn't hurt trying to impress this new so-called hot guy. I finished applying everything and walked back to my room to get dressed. I wanted to put on something flattering but not too flashy. A black pair of skinny jeans, and a white, laced shirt. I added a couple accessories to my outfit. A couple wouldn't kill anyone.

Once I got dressed, I walked into the living room with my boots and bookbag in my hands and sat on the couch to wait to walk to school. I decided to go a bit earlier than usual, thinking that Kaylin would be there already, waiting for the new guy.

I got my two younger sisters, Hannah and Aubree, and walked to school with them. It was so nice outside. Sun was out, birds were chirping. Breeze just right. Surprisingly nice for a Monday morning.. Maybe it won't be that bad of a day after all.