Chapter 16.

Niall's POV

I get home wondering if Bailie'd be online so I could talk to her about today. I just couldn't stop wondering why she was so distant from me.

I get on Facebook to see that she was online as we'll.

Niall: hey bailie :)

I instantly become anxious thinking that she'd take the smilie face wrong.. Assuming that I 'flirt too much'.

My heart begins to race as I see the words, Bailie is typing...

Bailie: Hi.. Sorry about earlier..

Niall: it's fine.. I'm just curious if one of your parents could take you over here?

Bailie: are you kidding? My dad would kill me.

Niall: what about your mum?

Bailie: I'm sure she'd be okay with it, but my dad might find out.. :/

Niall: just don't tell him about it. Tell him you're going to kaylin's house or something. ;)

Bailie: fine. I'll see.

I smile, believing that she'd given me a second chance to study with her.. I just really like being by her.. She makes me feel secure.

Bailie: she said ok. I'll be there in about 10 minutes.

I was more excited than I probably should have been.. I instantly look over to see the time, and get up to clean up my room. Okay, yes, I was trying to impress her. But I didn't want to make anything obvious because I knew that she hated me.

I finish putting my last shirt in my hamper as I hear a door bell. I run down the stairs, almost tripping over a step. Maybe I'm a little too excited.

I open the door, trying to act cool.

"Hey," I say, gesturing inside. "I'm glad you could make it." I finish. She walks in, landing on the leather sofa by the door.

"I'm glad I could too." She chuckles.

I sit down next to her. I hear her sigh.

"Niall, I hope you know that I am sorry about what I said to you.. I was just being selfish."

"No, it's okay." I say, reassuring her. I look her in the eyes until she blushes and looks down.

Bailie's POV

I look around his house, seeing that we were the only two here.

"Parents gone?" I ask, clasping my hands tightly together.

"Yeah," he answers, handing me a cup of ice tea. "She's at work.. working late." He says.

"Oh, alright." I say, taking the glass.

He leads me up into his bedroom like he did yesterday. I smile at him, as I pass through.

"Niall," i say.

"Yeah?" He asks, sipping his tea.

"What made you think of the suicide/self harming idea?" I asked, curiously.

"Mm, well, it's a serious manner.. It needs to be discussed right?"

"Right." I say.

He quietly sits down next to me.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asks, looking me in the eyes. I didn't want to look away this time. I couldn't.

"Of course, Niall.. Anything." I answer.

"Okay, well, You see all of these tattoos?" He says, pointing a finger on his arm.

"Yeah.."

"They've all got a meaning to 'em. See, this one.." He points to the letters 'GH' "GH stands for my older brother, Greg.. I lost him when I was 13 years old.. Along with my mother, Maura." He continues, pointing at the letters 'MH'.

I could feel myself tearing up, seeing the hurt in his eyes.

"Niall, I am so sorry.. Honestly, I am." I say, placing a hand on his lap.

"I lost 'em both in a car accident. And my dad.."

I see a tear escape from his eye, as he quickly wipes it away.

"He gave up on me.. He left. I'm here with my aunt.. But she barely gives a damn about me either." He quickly looks up at me then rubs his red eyes. "Ya know what, I'm sorry. We're supposed to be working on this project.. You're not here to listen to a sob story about me.. C'mon." He says, as he smiles. I could tell it was forced. He pulls out a book and opens it.

"Niall, I'm here for you if you need anything, you know that, right?" I ask him.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. Don't worry about me.. I'm a strong lad. I can handle it." He gives me a fake, reassuring smile but I didn't believe him.