lost

"no, stop!" i screamed at the girl in front of me.

she was caroline. someone who bullied me at every opportunity she gets.

she poured the whole bucket of cockroaches over me and i froze.

her and her friends' high-pitched laughter could be heard all around the room as they left.

i felt it. they were crawling all over me. the cockroaches were just like them. i couldn't even cry. i just sat there, frozen.

i heard groans outside and i still didn't dare to open my eyes. someone bursted open the door and i was still frozen to the ground.

the person untied my hands and legs and lifted me up, easily. but it smelt like a girl.

yet again, it was a room full of cockroaches... i couldn't really tell if it was a girl or a boy.

the person placed me onto the ground and brushed around me, getting rid of the cockroaches.

she nudged me and whispered for me to open my eyes.

i hesitantly opened one eye then the other. it was a her.

she gave me a bright smile and i could see caroline creeping up on her.

"behi- behind you.." i whispered.

without looking back and still having a grin on her face, she swung her arm backwards and caroline fell with a thud.

i couldn't help but giggle.

"i'm april," she offered her hand to shake.

"i'm hwayoung," i shook her hand.

she's gone.

i sat in my room, looking at the polaroids of april and i. i couldn't even process what was happening.

throughout my life, i've always been warned about the dangers of depression and how it affects people.

i've heard about people committing suicide. yet, witnessing it was just... especially when it's someone who's so close to you.

i felt so empty. i couldn't even describe anything.

we always think about what we should've done after it's happened.

i picked up my phone.

"hello?" his voice was hoarse, just woken up perhaps.

"h- hi," i hiccuped. "kangdae, are you free?"

hearing my tone of voice, he sounded wide awake.

"yes, anything?" he asked, shuffling around.

"can i t- talk to you?"

"sure."

"april, she..."

a/n
yeeeeet i'm sorry for letting april go so fastttt