Chapter Nine: Hurtful Things

"Hi this is Niall, I can't answer right now so leave a message after the beep" I sigh, hanging up and chucking my phone on the couch.

6 calls

4 messages

Nothing. Not one thing from him since he left last night.

He said he'd be home today, it's now 10 at night and there's no sign of him.

I curl up under the blankets on the couch and browse through all the channels on tv, nothing was on at this time of the night other than stupid news reports and shit.

All day these thoughts have been running through my mind like, does he want to leave me?

Does he hate me?

Does he not want our baby?

Has he found someone else better than me already?

I know the answer to all of those, but I can't help thinking it. and it's driving me crazy.

Suddenly my door bell rings and I jump in shock, I spring up and jog to the door, hoping it was Niall home. but why would he be ringing the door bell when it's his home? well technically it's mine cause he bought it for me, but he knows he's welcome.

I open it and see not Niall, but my best friend, dripping wet from the rain with scratches and bruises on her tanned skin. "Kira?"

She looks up at me with red puffy eyes, she looks like she's been crying. "I'm so s-sorry. So so sorry." she whimpers as she falls to the ground, looking broken and pained.

I quickly drop to the ground with her, cradling her in my arms and rubbing her back as she sobs into my chest.

I suddenly realised it was still raining and we were both soaked, so I help her stand and walk inside with her.

I get a blanket and wrap it around her, sitting on the couch and letting her lye on me as I still comfort her in my arms. Her head is on my chest and I stroke her face gently, I want to get answers from her, but I don't want her to get anymore upset than she already was.

Kira is normally the happy one out of us both, she's always so cheery with a smile on her face, and she's always the one comforting me. But today it's the other way around.

She sits up and sniffles, looking into mid air with a blank but sad expression on her face. "I didn't know where else to go," she says.

I sit up next to her, "your always welcome to my home, your my friend Kira." I tell her, "but what happened to you? I come home from my honey moon and got told that you left and no one knew where, your family and your boyfriend were terrified, and so was I! You've got some big explaining to do."

She sighs, "I know, but I couldn't stay."

"Why? What happened that was so bad to make you leave?"

She looks at the ground, more tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "I-I was walking home from a club the night after your wedding, and I-" she wipes her eyes and takes a deep breath as I rubbed her back. "I was raped in an alley way."

My mouth drops to the floor and I feel my heart shatter, tears forming in my now burning eyes. I stand up and run my hands through my hair, not believing what I just heard from her mouth. I pace around the couch, letting that sentence sink in. How could people do that?!

"Ash, say something." Kira cries.

I stop and look at her, "who did that to you?

"I don't know, some guy that followed me from the club,"