Chapter Seven: Sick

"Hey sis!" Jake coos, hugging me on the way in.

"Thanks for inviting us over dear." Mum smiles, kissing my cheek.

I shut the door after all 3 of them walk in, they head straight to the fire to warm up, I giggle. "cold out there I'm guessing?"

"It's always cold, Ash." Lara says, rubbing her arms.

"Tea anyone?" I question and they all nod.

I walk to the kettle and fill it up with water and wait for it to boil. "so, I bet you miss Hawaii already, must've been so warm over there!" Jake talks.

"I do miss it, it was lovely. but it's good to be home." I admit.

"And were happy to have you home, we missed you." mum cries.

"No." Lara shoots. "mum missed you, too much in fact."

I laugh, "well I missed you too Mum, and you two as well."

I make our tea and serve up some biscuits I made this morning, and we all sit around the table. "so, where's Niall?" mum asks.

"The boys wanted to do some practice for a while, but he should be back soon." I reply.

"Tell him to bring Harry back with him." Lara speaks up.

I raise an eyebrow. "I thought you loved Zayn? you can have him now since I'm with Niall."

She shrugs. "Harry's pretty hot. and we talked a little yesterday." she smirked.

I roll my eyes, "well you can see him another time, before they leave for tour, okay?"

She nods and smiles, "kay."

"And Jake, how's Tamika and that little baby going?" I turn to my brother.

He grins. "were going great actually."

I grin too. "That's good, and how long until she's due to have the baby?"

"Still about 4 months, but she's showing more and more, and I'm so ready to be a Dad."

I smile at his words, "I think your gonna be a great Dad, Jakey. And I can't wait to be an Aunty!"

"I'm gonna be the kids favourite Aunty." Lara shoots, smirking at me.

I glare at her. "we'll see about that."

Jake laughs, "you'll both be great I'm sure, I just wish I could see you all more often."

I nod. "just take lots of photos, and visit whenever you can. We'll always be here."

He smiles and nods, before mum cuts in. "and what about you Ash, when are my other grand kids coming along?"

I laugh at her. "Slow down mum, Niall and I have only been married for about 2 months. Let us find a house and settle first, but you'll get them one day, don't worry."

She nods. "and how is your search for houses going? are still looking in London?"

I shake my head. "we want a family in our home town, and we don't want to leave everything we have here. So were looking here."

Mum claps and grins as she hugs me. "I'm so glad your staying, even though London isn't that far from here, I agree with your choice."

"And that gives me more of a chance to date Harry or Zayn." Lara shoots, smiling like a fool. She ain't got a chance the silly girl.

"Yeah yeah Lara, you wish." I tease.

"I can dream!" she spits. "but seriously, you should set me up on a date with one of them."