Flashback

Small night whispers awakened you from your slumber. Groaning lightly, you sat up, yawning and rubbing your eyes. There was a digital clock beside you, and when you went to look at it you saw the time was ‘1:30’, written in bold, red letters that stood out against the firm black tone of the clock. You sighed, wondering why you were awake so early.

A soft knock fell upon your door, and your head instantly jerked over to it, “Come in...” You muttered, sitting up properly.

Even though you knew there was nothing to be afraid of, terror crept in from the back of your mind and settled quietly, as if trying to make you cringe.

Your body, unknown to you, had become a tense and nervous wreck. When you saw a certain white-haired assassin step through the door, your body became calm and collected.

“Oh...It’s you. What are you doing up so early...?” You sighed, rubbing your eyes some more.

“Can’t you tell...? It’s dangerous to be here,” He muttered, closing the door and seeming to stare at it for a moment before going over to you, sitting on the end of your bed.

“Dangerous...?” You echoed back, tilting your head slightly.

Killua sighed, rubbing the back of his head, “So...you still don’t get it...do you?”

“What are you guys not telling me?” You suddenly became curious. You crawled over and sat beside him; the moonlight just standing out against his pale, white skin.

“It’s not what all of us aren’t telling you...It’s just me.” He admitted, averting his blue gaze.

“Then what are you not saying? Killua?” Your tone changed to become angry, which was not anticipated.

He sighed, continuing to keep his gaze somewhere else as he spoke, “Remember what happened...all those years ago?” He looked back at you.

You gulped, the memory suddenly flooding to your mind.

~Flashback~

A small child, around the age of eight was sitting in their room, crying softly. Their parents could not figure out a reason why they were upset, so they gave the child ice cream and cuddled them. The mother held the child in their arms while the father pets the child’s head.

“What’s the matter, ___? Come on...you can tell Papa anything,” The father smiled as the child timidly ate their favourite flavour of ice cream.

“Something must be wrong...” The mother muttered, sighing lightly. She cradled the child and began to hum. “Dear, can you phone the ambulance? It might be shock...And she doesn’t look good...” The mother observed, continuing to cradle and hold the child for dear life.

The father smiled, standing up and planting a kiss on the child’s forehead. He then went out of the room to get the house phone and call an ambulance.

It had been around five minutes, and yet, the father had not returned. The mother soon got worried, picking the child up in her arms and walking to the living room, “Dear, is everything al-“

The child’s eyes widened at the sight of her father lying on the ground in a pool of a red, sticky liquid which was known as blood. His head was ripped apart from his body and the walls were painted with the liquid. The mother, upon seeing this, quickly covered the child’s fear-filled eyes as the ice cream fell on the floor.

“Pa...pa...” The child murmured, crying softly into their mother’s chest.

“It’s okay, little one...hush...” The mother quickly went into the child’s bedroom, determined to protect her child from the same fate. She buried the child under the bed, lying beside her and cradling her as she whimpered softly into the mother’s chest.