Nen

You sighed in annoyance as you aimlessly looked out of the window of the taxi, tapping your fingers on the door. Rain droplets fell onto the window in a rushed race as thunder clapped about twenty seconds away. It had only started to rain and yet it seemed that it was endless.

“I’m sure the weather will pick up soon, ___!” Gon said, obviously noting your boredom.

You looked at him and sighed, “I’m just worried about getting wet.”

None of you had jackets. Kurapika refused to change his tribal clothes; Leorio wore the same navy suit as usual; Gon was wearing his bright green clothes and Killua was the only one that had changed. He was now wearing a salmon coloured polo-shirt and tight, light-brown trousers. You had to admit, he looked rather nice wearing this new outfit. Since when did he change? You wondered.

An eerie silence filled the taxi. Absolutely no-one had told you where you were headed to. You were starting to get annoyed at the rain that refused to stop pouring. The taxi suddenly stopped at the destination and you thanked the driver, getting out. You sighed at the never-ending rain and used your bag as an umbrella. Everyone followed you out of the taxi and it drove away.

The streets were bustling with people trying to escape the heavy rain; running under shop roofs and inside of them to hide from the seemingly harsh pellets. Killua sighed and dragged you off into a hotel-like place where everyone else was. You quickly dropped your bag to your side and looked around. This place was quite grand but you had no time to look quickly as Gon and Killua dragged you off.

“Why aren’t-“

“Kurapika and Leorio are gonna go on a date!” Gon stated, smiling brightly.

You nodded in approval and smiled as the two boys eagerly pulled you into an elevator. You sighed as Killua pushed a button that looked to be leading to the ninth floor. Eventually, the elevator stopped and they lead you to a hotel room which was labelled ‘Room 50’.

Gon opened the door and smiled, “Wing-san?” He said, looking around.

Killua edged you inside and you nodded, following him into the room as he closed the door. Gon was already in the main room of the house, glomping a tall guy with glasses and a shirt that wasn’t fully tucked in his black, sleek trousers.

You chuckled lightly and set your bag down beside the couch, looking to Killua. He smiled and looked to the tall guy Gon was now talking to, “That’s Wing. He was our teacher. Now he’s going to teach you – we talked to him on the phone while you were in the shower.”

“Oh, Gon, Killua, is it this girl you two talked about?” Wing smiled, walking towards you.

You smiled back as Killua nodded, “Yeah.”

“You two,” Wing looked at Gon and then Killua, “Can you go find Zushi for me?” He asked.

The boys looked at each other and nodded, stepping out of the room and closing the door before leaving. You looked at Wing awkwardly as he brought out a board with writing on it. It read ‘Ten’, ‘Ren’, ‘Zetsu’ and ‘Hatsu’. You knew that ‘Ten’ was a number but it must mean something else if it was against all of the other words.

Wing went over to you and sighed, “Your nodes already open...”

“U-um what?!” You said, a little embarrassed.

“Oh, you don’t know why you’re here?”

“No...”

“You’re here to learn about Nen.” Wing smiled.

You tilted your head slightly. Nen...? What the hell is Nen? It seemed that Wing understood what you were thinking from your expression as he chuckled a little.