<eight>

Alexander- morning

"Something seemed off when I was at that office." I say over the phone with Sam, "what do you mean?" He yawns out, notifying me that I just woke him up from his sleep.

"You see that feeling when you talk to an Alpha, it wasn't there." I continued, while I signalled the driver to drive faster to the packhouse, "how... is that even possible? And why did you even go, when you have a mate that just got here and doesn't know no one besides probably Annie." He replied, silencing me for a minute.

"I just needed to go back, to confirm something, anyways how is she?" I questioned, "I heard she kicked it well with the children as she had a pillow fight, that even some adults joined which was weird at first. Which reminds me, Alpha Rory is here." He informs me, making me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Alright," I replied and ended the call with that, leaning back in the chair, with thoughts running wild as to Rory's appearance. I called his number, as it soon became an irritation to the skin.

"Hello, Alpha Alexander." He answers, "why are you on my land?" I replied back, getting straight to the point, in which he responds with a hearty chuckle.

"I mean you no harm son, I came to see your mate, as mine has a relation to her. I'll explain when you get here, but I'll have to return to my pack tomorrow, but I think Mee is staying here to support Sora, for the time being." He spoke, sincerely, while I nodded to no one in particular.

"I'm close, to my pack land, so I'll meet you in my study when I'm there and discuss further," I replied before exchanging goodbyes, then ending the call.

Sora- evening

"There's a girl that she thinks she's smart, but she talks too much bull that I had to laugh," Jihye talks about her first day on school, with Zander surprisingly interested, eating a biscuit.

"I'm guessing her name is Sarah." He raises his eyebrow, with a bite to another chocolate biscuit.

While Jihye nodded eagerly, "Goddess I hate her." They both chorused and laughed at each other, "my head started to hurt as soon as she spoke." Jihye sighs, getting Zander laughing.

"I get that she shares the same blood as Janet." Zander says,"but that doesn't mean you have to be exactly like her." He continued, while I shake my head at them both.

"Can we stop the talking and pick a movie?" I ask, stopping their mini gossip session, while I wavered the remote around.

"Let's watch a romantic comedy." Annie sings as she makes a dramatic entrance, with a bowl of popcorn.

"Nobody has a horrible taste like you, Annie, let's watch an action movie," Zander looks over to me with puppy eyes, until his face got pushed away, by Landon who looked appalled at what he just did and took the remote away from me and put on a horror film.

"There, the movies sorted." Landon grins, sitting next to me, with snacks of his own plate. While everyone silently moaned, that movie was either scary or boring.

"Where's Sam?" I ask Annie, while I picked up a few popcorns, "he's doing work that needs to be completed because my brother is not here." She sighs, before focusing on the film, while my wolf talks about how she misses Alex.

I blocked her off, as soon as Jihye snores were known in this room, "how can she find this movie boring enough to go sleep, this is so scary." Annie whispers, confused to why Jihye is not shaking and is sending z's around the room.

"She watched this movie a gazillion times, this is her least favourite, because of the couple that dies within the first scene." I shrugged, before picking Jihye up, "I'm coming with." Annie says rather loudly, walking with me to her room with comfortable silence.

"You're so lucky to have a little sister, I always wanted one." Annie smiles, "yeah I know. Anyone is lucky to have a sibling they can trust." I smiled back, as she nodded in agreement.

"Want to do something tomorrow?" She bursts out, taking me back, I entered Jihye's room and placed her on the bed and tucked her in, getting her comfortable.

I walked out and looked over to Annie with a sad look, "I can't. I need to visit my mother, she's within Alpha Ryder's grounds, so I'm going with him tomorrow." I tell her about my plans.

"Did you tell Alex?" She asks, "I have no communication with him." I answered while she nodded stiffly, as she looked over my shoulder.

Who's behind me?

And just like that, the scent that the person blocked off was back and instantly rushed to my nose, making my knees instantly weak at the smell... he's here! I missed him...

Oh shit.

He's here. He's here.

Did he hear everything?

"Sister, go to Sam and let me talk to my mate for a while." I hear behind me, making me dizzy for a second, in response to the effect his voice has on me.

My feet then began to fail me, as I felt stuck in this position.

"Sure." She replies and wishes me good luck, as I secretly told her with my eyes to take me away but clearly she did get the memo, as she ran off, "now. What were you saying about tomorrow." Alex speaks, as he smoothly turns me around.

Facing me to his beautiful structured face, leaving me speechless.

Shit.