The Time Has Arrived

Storm

"Again! Again! Let's sing it again daddy!" Reagan pleaded through her laughter. For the last thirty minutes we've been singing and dancing to Happy by Pharrell. I guess you could say that it was Reagans feel good song. It's not the manliest activity in the world but it makes my daughter super happy. It beats dressing up and playing tea party.

"Ok this is the last time. Then daddy has to go, baby girl." I said with a smile. I played the song over.

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say

Sunshine she's here, you can take a break

I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space

With the air, like I don't care baby by the way

[Chorus:]

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you know what happiness is to you

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do....

We laughed and sang out loud, until my dad interrupted.

"Come on, Storm. Let's go before you miss your flight." My dad said.

As soon as he said that Reagan started to tear up.

"Alright dad, I'll be out in one minute." I told him. He nodded in response.

"Come here, lil' mama." I said to Reagan as I held my arms open. "You know daddy loves you, right?" I asked her. She nodded her head in response. "Daddy will be back soon, Rae-rae." I assured her.

"I know." She said.

"Then why did you go from happppyyy to crying?" I asked her with a slight chuckle.

"Because it's not fair." She replied.

"What's not fair, baby girl?" I continued with the questions.

"You get to meet the pretty lady and I don't. I wanna meet the pretty lady." She informed me. I let out a small chuckle. The things that comes out this girls' mouth is amazing.

"I promise that you'll meet the pretty lady soon. Better yet I'll let you talk to her on the phone when I call you tonight. Does that sound like a plan?" I asked her.

"Yes!" she said with a bright smile.

"Alright now give daddy a hug because it's time for me to go." I said standing up.

She wrapped her little arms around my neck and we hugged for a long minute. I squeezed her which made her laugh then I tickled her to make her laugh even harder.

'"I love you daddy!" she said as we walked out to the car after she caught her breath.

"I love you too, baby girl." I said kissing her all over her little face making her giggle. Then I handed her to my brother, Drew, who was standing with his wife Mozelle.