Just When Things Were Looking Up

Storm

“Baby I don’t wanna wait a whole month!” Joyful whined into the phone. I smirked at her actions. I swear she stay reminding me of Reagan.

“Joyful Alexandria Banks.” I said plainly.

“Yes.” She replied quietly.

“I think that waiting another month is best. You want to be here with us and we definitely want you here but babe, let’s not be hasty. This month will allow us both time to think about the big move. I mean you are moving across the country. It also gives you time to tie up any loose ends with the bakery, and to talk to your parents.” I said, stressing the last part of my statement.

“Ok Storm. I understand and I see where you’re coming from.” She said to me after thinking for a moment.

“Good girl.” I said with a chuckle.

“I hate that you’re so smart.” She said smacking her lips.

“It’s not about being smart, it’s about being reasonable and wise.” I told her.

“True. Well I’m headed to cross one thing off of my list right now.” She informed me.

“And what is that?” I asked.

“Talking to my parents.” she said.

“Oh ok. Well remember to be strong and keep your composure. Show them that you’re no longer a little girl but a grown woman. Let them know that you’re ready to make your own decisions and that you’re mature enough to handle the consequences whether they are good or bad.” I instructed her.

“Thanks Storm. I know that if I could count on anyone I could count on you to have my back and to hold me down. I love you Storm.” She expressed.

“I love you to, ma. Call me later and let me know what happens.” I said in response.

“Okay, kiss Reagan for me.’ She said before hanging up.

I was trying to keep my cool about Joy moving to Chi-town but I couldn’t contain my excitement. To be honest, if Joyful is willing to make that much of a move maybe is time to make it official. Maybe it’s time for me to get down on one knee.

“Daddyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!” Reagan yelled, running in from outside.

“What’s wrong Reagan?” I asked, alarmed. I looked her over to see if she had any cuts or bruises.  I saw no signs of harm but she was breathing hard and nearly crying.

“This man kept driving by in his car while I was playing with Tee-tee. Then he passed by again and he asked me about some lady named Regina.” She told me. My heart immediately swelled with anger.