Surprise after Surprise

2 Weeks Later

Joy

“Are you serious?!!!” I exclaimed, too through with the whole situation. It’s the day of Faith’s wedding and nothing is going right. The flower girl got sick and now Noriah’s best man is nowhere to be found.

“Everything is going to be okay. Just walk down by yourself.” Faith suggested.

“But Faith it’s gonna be uneven!!” I whined.

“But nothing, Joy. Whose wedding is this? Yours or mines?” she asked.

“Yours.” I replied.

“Exactly, so who’s in charge?” she asked.

“You are.” I responded.

“You’re right again. So with that being said, finish getting dressed before I kick you out of the wedding.” She said sternly.

Her last words were all I needed to hear, to be put in my place. It’s not my fault that I’m a perfectionist though. And on top of that I worry a lot. So when things aren’t right I go into a semi-crisis. I proceeded to get dressed and put on all of my accessories. I made sure that the bridesmaids were looking right as well.

“Joy!!!!” I heard Faith yell my name.  I rushed into her dressing room to see what was wrong.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, in a panicked tone.

“Nothing, calm down. Help me zip this up. I think I gained a pound.” She said simply.

            After zipping her up she turned to face me and I literally began to cry. My big sister was getting married and she looked amazing. We always talked about this day when we were younger and now we’re finally here.

“Since you’re crying, that must mean I look okay.” She said with a giggle.

“You look better than okay, you look beautiful, Faith.” I told her.

“Awww Joy stop, you’re gonna make me mess up my make-up!!!” she said fanning her eyes.

“Okay I’ll stop!!” I said, giggling and hugging her.

“Alrighty I’m ready to marry my man!” she screamed, laughing.

“Places everyone!!!!” the wedding planner yelled out.

All the bridesmaids and groomsmen began to line up. My dad went into the room to meet Faith. Noriah was already posted in front of the waiting crowd. They decided to have their wedding in the courtyard of the Ritz-Carlton and the weather turned out to be beautiful.