I Couldn't Be Happier

Storm

Dear Gavin,

            It’s crazy to say but, I miss you. The baby is doing fine. I plan to name her Reagan Christina Jackson. I’m giving her my adopted last name since you obviously don’t want anything to do with her. I’m naming her Christina, after my adopted mother. My adopted family means so much to me. I’ll never forget the day Storm saved my life. That night he found me under the slide will forever be ingrained in my memory. When I look around at them, sometimes I feel like…like I just don’t deserve them. They have done so much for me in past thirteen years. You should see how could they are when it comes to preparing for Reagan’s arrival. Especially Storm. He stays by my side. She goes crazy when he rubs my belly. (laughing) I think Storm would make a good father for her….I really do.

            That’s why I was thinking that I want Storm to adopt her. So presently I am asking for your consent. I mean, we’re both no good for Reagan. I want her to have a better life than I did. Please consent to it. It’s for Reagan’s sake.

            Love,

            Regina

I looked over at Joy. All types of thoughts were running through my mind.

“Babe, this letter is dated a week before the letter that Jillian used in court. Do you know what that means?” I asked Joy. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“This means that he received this letter and the other letter is technically his response to it. He must have stupidly mailed this letter back with his. Baby this it!!! We can get Reagan back!” I explained, a smile growing on my face. I tackled Joy into a hug. I was too happy.

“Well what are you waiting for? Hurry up and call Jillian!” Joy told me.

            I pulled out my phone and right as I was about to unlock it, I got an incoming call from no one other than Jillian.

“Hey, Jill. I was just about to call you.” I said before she cut me off.

“No time to talk Storm it’s an emergency! Get down to the hospital with any of Reagan’s medical papers. She was rushed to the hospital. She had a really bad asthma attack.” She said in an alarmed tone. I hung up without saying goodbye. I rushed to my bedroom and grabbed the folder with all of the important documents in it.

“Let’s go, Reagan is in the hospital.” I said to Joy. She instantly jumped up and we ran out to the car. I drove over to the hospital as fast as I could.

Fifteen minutes later we reached the hospital. We rushed in and headed to the receptionist counter in the emergency room.

“We’d like to know which room Reagan Jackson is in.” Joy spoke to the receptionist. Before the receptionist could answer, Jillian walked over to us.

“Follow me.” Jillian said. We trailed her to the room at the end of the hallway. We walked in to Reagan sitting in the middle of the bed eating jello and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I smiled as my heart rate calmed down.

“Daddy! Mommy!” Reagan’s face lit up when she saw me and Joy. He reached her hands out toward me and I picked her up.

“What’s up, baby girl? How are you feeling?” I asked her.

“I feel better.” She assured me with a smile.

“That’s good, baby girl. You had me worried. Sit with mommy while I go talk to Ms. Jill.” I said, handing her over to Joy.

            I motioned for Jillian to follow me to the hallway so we could talk.

“What the hell happened?” I asked in a harsh tone. It made me mad seeing Reagan in a hospital room.

“Apparently after you all left she wouldn’t stop crying. He had some woman over at the time and in an effort to get Reagan to quiet down he yelled at her. That scared her and sent her into more of a crying frenzy and it became hard for her to catch her breath. She started to wheeze so the woman called 911. When they got to the scene, Mr. Carson was nowhere to be found.” Jillian explained.

“Are you telling me that this dude left Reagan alone in her time of need! She could have died!” I yelled, my anger instantly rising.

“Calm down , Storm.” Jillian advised me.

“No! Don’t tell me to calm down. The authorities took my daughter out of my custody and handed her over to a man that basically left her to die!” I yelled.

“I understand your frustration Storm that’s why Reagan is not going back to the Carson residence.” Jill stated, catching me completely off guard.

“Are you serious?” I asked in disbelief.

“I sure am. I already called the Judge and informed her of the situation. She sent her apologies.” She told me.

I was at a complete lost for words.

“Storm what were you calling me for earlier?” she asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Joy found a letter that Regina wrote to Gavin asking for his consent to an adoption. It was dated a week before that letter that you have which meant that he basically gave his consent.” I said pulling out the later.

“Perfect! I’ll make a copy of this and pass it on to build a stronger defense. I’ll give it back to you later. I think Reagan will want this when she gets old enough to understand. In the meantime, go take care of your daughter. You ‘re an excellent father.” She said with a smile, patting me on the back.

“Thanks for all your help.” I said smiling with a nod.

       I walked into the room to my two favorite ladies. All I could do was smile.

“Can I go home with you guys this time?” Reagan asked.

“Of course you can.” I said, pulling the both of them into a group hug.

A man couldn’t be happier.

“Thanks for keeping your promise.” Reagan said to Joy. I threw a confused look Joy’s way.

“You’re welcome, hun.” She said to Rae-rae, completely ignoring my look.

***********

Just a small update....15 comments....The wedding is in then next chapter and then there will be an epilogue and then finally Joyful Storm will come to an end. I've decided not to do a sequel but to do a spin off from Reagans point of view. I already have the cover done, it will be called "Finding My Way". Stay tuned!!! Thanks for the love!!