Welcome to My City

Storm

“Reagan!!! Didn’t I tell you to put these toys away?! Get in here and put them up now!” I yelled at Reagan.

She ran past me without even looking at me. I knew she was gonna cry because I never yell at her. I’m just a little stressed out with trying to make sure everything is perfect for when Joyful gets here.

I walked in the room to where Reagan was and sat down on the bed. Just like I thought, she had tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Come here Rae-rae.” I told her softly.

She looked at me and shook her head, “No.”

“Please, baby girl.” I begged, opening my arms. She looked down at her feet and then ran over to me. I picked her up and placed her in my lap.

“I’m sorry Rae-rae. I didn’t mean to yell at you. Daddy just trying to make sure everything is clean for when Joy comes later on today.  Do you forgive me?” I asked her, wiping the tears from her little face.

“Yes.” She said softly, burying her face into my chest. Man, words can’t even express how much I love this little girl. She means the world to me and I can’t stand to see her in any emotional state besides happy.

“Hey Ra-rae, would you like to go with me when I got to the airport to pick up Joyful?” I asked her, knowing that it would cheer her right up.

“Yes!” she said, popping her head up, smiling.

“Cool, well come on so you can get ready.” I said standing up with her in my arms.

“Daddy can you do my hair?” Reagan asked me. Whenever she was excited about going somewhere she wanted me to do her hair into her favorite hairstyle. For a five year old, Reagan had a head full of hair so her desired hairstyle was in two big natural puff balls. Make no doubt about it, for a man, I do a pretty good job. Since nobody else is around to do her hair and I don’t feel like she’s old enough to be going to the hair salon, I do it.

“Sure baby girl. Let me get you washed and dressed first.” I told her. Within twenty minutes I had Reagan bathed and dressed. She wanted to stunt like her daddy so I dressed her in a plain black t-shirt with blue jeans and her Timberland boots. I put her small gold earrings in her ears with her matching chain and bracelet. Ten minutes later I was done with her hair. My baby girl looked good.

“Alright Rae-rae. Go chill out in the living room and finish coloring the sign we made with Joyful’s name on it. I’ll be ready in a little bit then we can go.  Please don’t get dirty.” I instructed her.

“Okay daddy, I won’t. Thanks for doing my hair.” She said with a smile before heading to the living room.

I took a quick shower and was fully dressed and looking good in less than twenty minutes. I sprayed on some cologne and brushed my hair one more time before heading in the living room where Reagan was.