Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Hey Michael can we talk?" I ask, hoping he'd walk home with me. Today Calum's going over to Lillian's house again so it would be the perfect time to tell Michael about what this shit is.

"Yeah what's up?" he asks as we walk out of the school building and onto the sidewalk that would lead us home.

"I'm not sure if Calum told you, but I'm going to therapy for PTSD, I thought you should know" I tell him, not really knowing how to lead up to it. Michael smiles and holds my hand.

"I'm glad you're getting help" he replies.

"Well the thing is, my relationships with you and Calum are unhealthy. Ever since my mother died, my relationships with everyone else have become loose and temporary. I really need a steady relationship right now" I inform him, hoping he'd get the idea.

"Oh. Ok, so you're going to be with Calum now?" he asks. Obviously he didn't get the idea.

"I actually want to be with you" I tell him, making him very shocked and surprised.

"But you love Calum. You've both said it before and I know you do" he states, still in confusion.

"But Calum and I don't need to be in a relationship now. I really care about him and he cares about me. I can't mess that up with a relationship. We, on the other hand, click. You're my first kiss, first date, first boyfriend. It was very short lived and I really need you. Calum's my secure relationship as a best friend, but I think you're the best choice for a secure boyfriend" I say, hoping he doesn't think it's too forward.

Michael stops in his tracks and looks into my eyes as we stand in the middle of the sidewalk. He kisses the top of my head, then my forehead, to my nose, and then finally my lips. I join my hands behind his neck and gently pull his neck lower to reach me better.

"I'd love to be your boyfriend" he says as he breaks the kiss. I can't help but smile like an idiot at his words. "So if I hold you now it would be okay right?" he asks, remembering how uncomfortable I was before when we were dating. I giggle and wrap my arm around him.

"I wasn't used to all this affection and shit before, but now I think I like it" I reply, looking up at him with a smile. He puts him arm around me as well and holds me close. Maybe I can actually start to fall for him.

Once we reach home, we head straight to the couch after grabbing snacks. He opens his arms for me to rest in as we eat and watch TV.

"I'm really glad you're my girlfriend" he says as he leaves kisses down my neck and to my shoulder before resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm glad you agreed" I reply, enjoying his close presence. "I bought my dress for Saturday" I tell him, remembering how the dance is coming up.

"Cool, what tie should I wear then? Do girls like to match or do you not care?" he asks, making me laugh. I haven't even thought about that.

"Wear black or light pink or both" I tell him.

"Pink?" he states as of reading my mind.

"I know, it's so not something I would pick out, Calum did, but I actually really liked it on me" I reply, turning in his lap so I could face him.

"So can I see it or...?"

"No it's going to be a surprise" I respond with a wink.

***

Night approached faster than expected, considering we had to spend time completing homework.

"Do you just want to sleep over here? Karen and Jim didn't care about the last time" I offer. He nods so I head over to 'Calum's' drawer to get sweatpants for him to sleep in. "I don't have any of Cal's school uniform 'cause they're in the wash so we'll just stop by his place before school tomorrow" I explain.