Chapter Twenty

"Was he always like this?" I ask as Michael and I walk away from Calum and to my house.

"Yeah, I guess you took up a lot of his time before and now he's just jumping right back into the game" Michael explains. I don't care though. I should but I don't. Calum loves me, it's clear as day, but why would we start to have such a serious relationship at such a young age? That's what I like about Calum, we both have the same understanding of relationships.

"Has he ever been in a relationship?" I ask. I've always had the question in the back of my mind, but when it comes to talking to Calum, I always forget to ask. I guess it's cause we have more important things to talk about.

"Yeah, nothing serious though, obviously. I mean the last girl was Janea but-"

"Wait he went out with Janea? The one who asked him to the dance?" I inturrupt causing Michael to chuckle.

"I feel like you are getting jealous, but yeah it's the same Janea" he tells me as he playfully pushes my side.

"Lets get one thing straight Clifford, Cal can stick his dick into whatever he feels like and I won't care. He's my best friend now as long as I'm the one he's honest with and the one that'll be there for him I don't care how many girls he dates and hooks up with" I tell Michael only realizing how cheesy it was after saying it.

"Aww, Lexxy actually has emotions" he says before placing his arm around me and pinching my cheek.

"Yeah I'm a sweetheart" I reply in a monotoneous voice to go against his statement.

"Glad you're finally embracing it, but lets take a step back and get something to eat because I'm starving" Michael says once we reach my house.

"Me too, all this human emotion stuff really works up an appitite" I joke as we rummage through the fridge.

"If we do not dig into this trifle I will never come to your house ever again" he sarcastically tells me after eyeing the leftover trifle Karen made last night for dessert.

"Nice to know how strong our friendship is" I dramatically say as I dish it for both of us.

"Sorry Lex, but look how beautiful it is!" he whines before taking a bite and literally moaning, causing me to burst into a fit of laughs.

"If only you can have a relationship with a person instead of dessert" I comment before taking a bite of my own.

"I wish dude" he says, rolling his eyes. "While we're on that subject, would you care to explain what the hell is going on" he causualy asks.

"With what?" I ask.

"One second you like me, then you're in love with Cal, then you're only best friends with Cal, then you ask me to the dance, then you say you don't care about what Cal does because you know he'll only pick you in the end. Like am I missing something?" he asks, causing a sigh to escape my lips.

"That last thing Calum and I want to do is to hurt each other. We love each other, whether it's as best friends or more. It's hard for both of us to really grasp the idea of love so while we're trying to figure all that shit out, we're staying as best friends" I reply, recalling one of our most recent conversations.

"That's sweet, but why date other people while doing that?" Michael continues to pester.

"To be a teenager! Why in the world would we want to have a commited relationship so early? I know it sounds weird, but we both prefer it this way" I answer. Michael nods and continues eating.

"You know I still have a crush on you, so I'll go to the dance with you. But if you're looking for a boyfriend then I'm out" he tells me.

"That's good, because that's not what I'm looking for" I say before slamming my lips against his. He's shocked at first but complies, holding me tightly as if this wasn't really happening.

"Lex I'm eating" he says against my lips. I laugh as I pull back and sit in my own seat.

"I swear you're about the only guy that would rather eat then make out with a girl, epecially one he claims to have a crush on" I tell him.

"Sorry we can make out later" he says, making me chuckle again. When Michael and I were 'in a relationship' it's weird how I didn't feel like how I do now as I watch him across from me. Maybe I just needed time to get used to him, or the sense of security that I'm not going to be randomly shipped off at any moment. Whatever it is, I like it. "Stop staring, it's creepy" he jokes.

"Well I never point it out whenever I catch you staring at me!" I remind him, causing his jaw to drop, "Yeah, you think I don't see you, but I do" I reply with a wink. He smiles and looks down at his nearly empty bowl as a red pigment appears on his face.

"Can I confess something" I randomly mention as I place our dishes in the sink before heading up to my room.

"Sure" he says, getting kind of confused.

"Whenever you kissed me or Calum kissed me I always stoped it from turning into a make out session because I've never kissed a boy before you and I'm afraid I'm going to be bad" I admit to him, causing him to start laughing as he falls back on my bed. I kneel down beside him and start hitting his side playfully.

"It's not funny dumbass!" I yell as I continue to hit him. He soon recovers from his laughter and sits back up on the bed.

"It comes naturally you shouldn't have to worry about it" he tells me in a more serious manner.

"I don't know, if anyone's ever going to overthink a kiss it's me" I say as I scrunch my face in embarassment.

"Here I'll show you" he says as he leans in. I can't help but smile and almost giggle at his cheesy way to kiss me. I mean, I knew this would happen once I brought up the whole 'never made out with someone' thing, but I didn't expect him to play along so smoothly.

Once our lips connect I can feel him smiling as well. I wrap my arms around him and try to escape my mind once we officaly start making out. I tug on his hair as I climb onto his lap, leaning my head lower and deeping the kiss.

I never really understood the whole meaning behind a kiss and why people found it as a nessecary action to display love, but I thought those thoughts would be erased once I've actually kissed someone, turns out they're still here. That also doesn't mean that I didn't let myself get carried away in the kiss, because I'd be lying to say I didn't. I almost didn't feel Michael's hands go lower and lower down my back until I felt them tugging at my sweats. At that moment I jolt out of his lap and sat down next to him as I try to regain my breath.

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't of done that" he says as he looks at me for forgivness. I smile and grab the hand that lay next to me.

"It's okay, I didn't mind, I'm just..." I say, trying to figure out why I stopped. I mean I'm ready, I know I am, despite my young age. Sex doesn't mean anything to me just like kissing, but something stopped me.

"I understand. I've already taken away your kissing virginity. You should save your real one for someone important" he tells me.

"You are important Mikey" I assure him.

"Then someone more important, like Calum" he adds.

"Then it looks like I'm going to be waiting for a long time" I mention.

"It's worth it don't worry" he says with a smile.

"It better be" I add as I get up from the bed and help Michael up, "Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I ask.

"Sure. You know how I love doing nothing with you" he says with a wink before we head to the living room.