chapter 3

After lunch I only had 2 class periods left and I was glad.

Physics and U.S. history.

In Physics, I have one of my really good friends in there. Her name's Rebecca and she makes everything fun although she sometimes messes with people a little too much. She over does it sometimes, but she's a good buddy.

The teacher wasn't there today which mean't that she left us a huge packet to do and we have to complete it or else we get a zero. I managed to finish it without a problem. I'm excellent when it comes to physics.

The bell rang and I quickly moved to my next class which was U.S. history.

When I walked in I saw Niall sitting at his table alone waiting for Dave. He gave me a small smile and I returned the gesture.

We only had to write a 2 page essay talking about what we thought was the most interesting thing that has happened during any war. I decided to do it about the civil war because it is an easy topic.

The bell rang only a few minutes after I finished writing. I had 4 pages instead of 2, but Mrs. Hymphill assured me that it was fine.

I walked out of the classroom scanning through the crowded hallways for any sign of Leslie. I soon spotted her red hair and made my way towards her. "Ready for practice?" I asked as I joined her walking down staircase. "I guess." She sighed. We pushed so many people out of our way just to go out into the athletic complex. Once I got there, I saw Harry who was with the boys soccer team.

His bestfriend is in there. His name is Louis Tomlinson and he's the best soccer player at our school. We have won so many games because of him. He's basically the soccer teams most prized possession. Without him, they're truly nothing. I had a class with him last year and he was pretty cool. I've only talked to him a few of times and he's really polite and isn't like most of the boys. He's really nice.

They started messing around just like they always do and I watched. Harry caught me like 5 times looking at him and I tried to play it off, but I don't think anyone would buy it.

"Alright team," our coach started speaking to us as we gathered around him. "Today's all about conditioning. You're going to run 3 miles. As soon as you're done with that, do 5 sets of bleachers. Find yourself a partner and practice passing the ball back and forth. As soon as everyone's done, we're going to have a match between the whole team, so lets hustle and try to hurry. The sooner you finish, the sooner we get to leave." He informed us. All of us groaned, but tried our best to hurry and get it over with.

-

When practice was over, I felt the need to take a shower. I was all sticky from my sweat and felt disgusting. I couldn't take it anymore and desperately needed a shower. Everyone else had left so it was just me left. I put on music and turned the showers on. Putting my hair in a bun, I realized something.

"Fuck." I thought to myself. I left my bag outside which had all my clothes in it. Wrapping a towel around myself since that's all I had, I stepped out of the shower. The rest of my clothes had been soaked in water so I couldn't wear it even if I wanted to. Everyone should have left by now, so I don't have to worry about anyone seeing me like this.

I went everywhere trying to find it. Where did I put it? I was positive I left it right here. Under the bench. Where else could it have gone? I can't let anyone see me like this. Quickly texting Leslie to see if she had seen it, I scanned the entire building.

She immediately texted me back and said she hadn't seen it. "Fuck!" I yelled.

I was heading back to the showers when I heard a movement. I hid behind a wall, and checked to see if anyone or anything was out there but the sound of the movement stopped. I waited a few minutes waiting for something. Anything.

Just as I stepped out, a male voice spoke up. "Looking for this?" I couldn't see who it was. He was on the side where the lights were off. He held up something that looked like my bag.

"um ... I don't know. I-I can't see." I said as I tightened the towel around myself.

"Did you lose something?" the man asked.

"Yes, but I remember where I put it. I thought it was here, but I guess not. " I said backing away slowly, but the shadow got closer.

"Don't leave yet. I think I have what you want. Could it perhaps be this?" He asked, then stepped out of the dark.