Chapter 25

2 weeks. It had been two weeks since I had managed to stay away from Niall. It broke my heart, watching as he hopelessly continued to call after me.

"Please, just tell me what I did." Niall begged as he sat across from me at my table in history class. "Destiny, I liked you, and I thought you liked me, I thought we had something special. After you kissed me, that's when I realized that I had feelings for you. What ever happened to our date?" He questioned as his eyes started to water. Please don't cry Niall, please don't.
I stayed silent, not wanting to make matters worse. I was doing the same move Harry did to me, the one where he pretended that nothing had ever happened between us.

"Please Destiny, just speak to me. One word. That's all I'm asking, please." He continued begging as the very first tear fell out of his eyes. Dammit Niall. I stayed silent; even though it was absolutely excruciating. He got up out of the seat, and turn around to go back to his table to Dave.

"Niall wait," I called after him. He's hurting, and I'm the reason for it. He turned around, his blue glistening eyes looking at me.

"I can't be with you. I'm so sorry. I wish that I could tell you what's going on, but I can't. I'm so sorry." I said as guilt kept hitting me over and over again. He gave me a disgusted look. "You know ... You and Harry go hand and hand with each other." He said as he continued walking. I can't say anything to him without letting out any information, Harry had me threatened, and there was nothing I could do if I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

Just then, the sound of the bell rang, letting us know class was over. I gathered my things and went into the hallway that Leslie was in. Making my way through the crowd, I noticed familiar curls and green eyes that held the key to my heart. The only problem was, that wasn't exactly true. People knew that we "went out" but we weren't affectionate towards each other in anyway. We didn't even act like a couple. If people would've known better, they would have known that Harry and I aren't actually going out. "Hey, there goes your girl." I heard josh, one of Harry's friend, tell Harry. Harry looked at me, nodded and passed on through. This is what I mean by 'we show no affection towards each other.'

"So you and Harry, huh?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned to reveal Rebecca, my friend in physics.

"Um, yeah." I laughed. She raised her eyebrow and walked beside me.

"No offense or anything, but you two don't look like a couple. He doesn't even acknowledged you sometimes." She said as she scanned my face for a reaction. I didn't have a reacting, because it was true.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed.

"Then why are you two together if he isn't going to change his player ways?" She asked.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

Harry had promised me that he would try his best to get that reputation off. Of course it wouldn't take two weeks to wear off, but it seemed that he was only making it get worse.

"Last weekend, he went to a party and went home with some girl." I sighed and continued walking. I shouldn't let this bother me, we're not together. "We're not actually together. He can do whatever he wants. He doesn't like you, and he doesn't care about your feelings" was all I kept repeating in my head. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded and gave her a smile.

"I know that you're only going out with him because he's mighty Harry Styles, but is his reputation really worth your feelings? He can't change. Sometimes it's better to leave the hopeless people alone, and start caring about yourself." She said as she rubbed my back to comfort me. "Thank you." I smiled.

"Destiny." I heard someone call behind me. "Speak of the devil." Rebecca muttered under her breath. I turned around and saw Harry and Louis. "Hey love." Harry smiled as he gave me a kiss on the cheek and held my hand. What's going on here? This is the first time he does this.

"I'll see you around." Rebecca said as she left with a confused expression.

"Bye."

"What were you two talking about?" Harry asked curiously as his hands tightened around mine.

"You." I said truthfully.
"Yeah?" He asked.
"Mhm." I mumbled back.
"What about me?" We continued walking down the hallway.
"About how you're a player." I looked at him to see how he would react. His jaw tightened slightly, but he didn't say anything.

"You promised that you would try to not make it so obvious, Harry."

"I am!" He yelled back to me, earning many people glaring at us.

"You might want to take it easy, mate." Louis said beside him. He took a deep breath, and let it out.

"After you've been doing this your entire life, it's kind of fucking hard Destiny. Why can't you fucking see that?" He let go of my hand and walked faster than me.

"I'll see you later." He said as he disappeared into the crowd.

"He's trying Destiny. Don't give him such a hard time about it. This is the only time I've actually seen him trying his best to quit. " Louis said as he followed behind him.

Sighing, I took a different route to get to soccer. "Destiny, hold up!" I heard Leslie's voice behind me.

I turned and slowed down so she could catch up with me. "Apparently you and Harry is all that people are talking about." She laughed. Why can't people mind their own god damn business. I didn't respond. I was getting a headache from all of this and I wasn't in the mood for anything else. I want to leave.

"I think I'll skip soccer." I told Leslie. I have no idea what I was going to do. Probably stay in the car until Nancy got out.

"You sure? Coach will have your ass tomorrow."
"I'm sure. I'll see you around." I replied as I turned the corner to leave. I'll text nancy that I'm in the car. I felt in my pocket for my phone and pulled it out. I pressed the home button so it could turn on, but the screen was pitch black with a battery in the middle notifying me that it was dead. What the hell? It was full battery this morning. Sighing, I stuck it back into my pocket. I exited the building and made my way over to the car.

Making sure there weren't any cars on either side of the street, I crossed to get to the car.
Peaceful at last, I was abruptly disrupted when there were honks behind me. I turned to see a familiar black hummer.

Harry rolled his window down. "Get in. I'll give you a ride." He told me. I went around his car and quickly got in, not wanting any teachers seeing that I was skipping. "You have 4 hours to get ready." Harry told me as he passed over a speed bump.
"For what?" I asked.
"We're going to a party tonight."

Hiiii guys. Sorry I haven't updated lately. I'm trying hard to start getting myself to write again, but laziness gets the best of me. Don't forget to follow and vote and I hope you all had an amazing CHRISTMAS and HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! I Love you all. 😘😘