Chapter 12

"Wow," was all Zayn said when he looked at me.

"Leslie did your makeup, didn't she?" He asked as Leslie approached him.

"Yeah," I said smiling at Leslie.

"Babe, you did a marvelous job! I knew that you could do makeup, but not professional makeup." Zayn said as he kissed the tip of her nose.

She laughed as he tickled her and then pulled her into a kiss. I admired their relationship. It seemed like the perfect kind, the one you always see on tumblr, or on some couple fan page. I stood there awkwardly as they continued kissing. I fake coughed to let them know that I was still there which seemed to snap them out of it.

"Alright, it's 8:30 already. We should go ahead and leave. The house is about 25 minutes away from here, so that leaves us to get there around nine. Anything else you girls need?" Zayn asked as he retrieved the keys from Leslie.
"No, I think we're good." I replied. We walked out of Leslie's house and got into the car.

"Damn Leslie, you changed my car," Zayn said as he had to re- adjust the steering wheel, the seat, mirrors, and just about everything else. We both laughed, and he just smiled.

We pulled out of the driveway and were on our way. Zayn turned on the radio to a Rock station. I could feel the vibration from the music running through my body. I looked at Zayn who seemed to be enjoying himself. I never really thought about him liking rock. He did have A lot of tattoos, and piercings, but rock never crossed my mind, even though it should be kind of obvious. I looked at the radio, and noticed that Leslie and him were holding hands. His hand were much larger than hers, but it was cute. He held it as if his life depended on it. I smiled at the image playing right in front me, and pulled out my phone and earphones.

I scrolled through my playlist looking at my options before I finally came across a song that had my interest. Demons, by imagine dragons. This song was perfect, to me anyways. I put my earphones in, and closed my eyes drifting off into a deep sleep.

***************

"Destiny, wake up. We're here," I heard Leslie say. I opened my eyes and saw an enormous house. My eyes went wide admiring the place. It was clean cut. Big nice yard, beautiful decorations, gleaming lights, it was just astonishing. I opened the car door and stepped out.

"My makeup good? Nothing smeared?" I asked Leslie as I wiped under my eyes just in case. She shook her head, and smiled.

I got louis present out of the back, and started walking wherever Zayn was leading us. We walked into the front door and there were a ton of people.

"Zayn!" I heard some guy yell.

"Liam!" Zayn yelled back as a guy approached us . He had brown hair styled in kind of a quiff. His facial hair ran over his chin and his upper lip. He wore a long sleeve button up plaid shirt, and jeans. He smiled at Zayn.

"How long has it been mate?" He asked Zayn.

"Quite a while. How's everything been? How has life been treating you?" Zayn replied as he patted Liam on the back.

"It's been absolute incredible. Danielle took me back and we've actually been discussing about moving in together in a few months." he smiled.

Is he apart of their crew? He didn't appear to have any tattoos, not in sight anyways. He was in a committed relationship by the hear of it. Neither Louis or Harry had a girlfriend, but Liam did say that she took him back, meaning that he did something to cause their breakup in the first place?

"C'mon Destiny, lets go in the back yard. He's going to stay here talking to Liam for a while." Leslie said as she took my hand and guided me through the busy crowd. There were people scattered just about everywhere and we had to shove a few folks before we finally reached the door. Leslie turned the handle and opened it revealing a swimming pool and many people in it, and many just watching.

We spotted two available seats and made our way to them before any one took them. Leslie sat down, and I followed right after her. We sat there in silence watching all the teenagers jump into the pool.

"I really admire your relationship with Zayn," I told Leslie. I didn't know what else to say. I'll just stick with that subject until it changes. She looked down and smiled, but then it transformed into a frown.

"Remember the other day at school when I told you that he has been acting different?" She asked. I nodded. It seems like ages ago, even though its only been 2 days since it has happened.

"He's more overprotective. He rarely lets me go anywhere without him. He's all lovey dovey in front of you, but when you leave he acts cold. He doesn't even look at me the same way. It's like he's not interested in our relationship anymore. I'm scared he's going to break up with me. Yeah, it's only been 5 months since we have dated, but I feel like its been a lifetime. We've been through so much. Now, I don't know how to explain how much he has changed."

That took me by surprise. Zayn isn't actually that guy that I've been seeing? So after all, I don't want their relationship ?

"Oh, I had no idea." was all I managed to say.

She looked down and smiled. I knew that smile by now, it was the feeling-sorry-for-yourself smile. Did he really change that much? Why'd he change?

"I think Harry had a big affect on that." she said seeming to have read my mind.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, him and Harry are moving away to college in about 7 months. I'm sure Harry has said something about it. He never liked the thought of Zayn having a girlfriend. He thinks that it ruins their "image." That image being, sleeping with girls and then leaving them. Zayn and I had been friends before his whole reputation started playing out. We knew each other since we were toddlers. I remember all the play dates we used to have," she said giggling.

"We were bestfriends .... Until Harry came along in 7th grade. He changed Zayn into a guy that was only interested in kissing girls and just hanging out with them. Then in high school, he actually started sleeping with them since they allowed him too. As you can imagine, I was hurt. I had grown feelings for him. I started going out with other guys because I thought they would take my mind off of Zayn, but it was no use. In 10th grade I had one class with him. He ignored me the first couple of weeks and it hurt, but I didn't let it show. He finally said hello one day and I ignored him. He caught onto the fact that I was ignoring him and didn't let me go until I told him what was wrong. I explained everything .. how i felt... how i was hurt, and then our friendship started again. We stayed up for hours talking on the phone, went everywhere together. This year he finally asked me to go out with him and I said yes, of course. Harry would try to take him away from me, not wanting Zayn to be in a relationship. He was unsuccessful and that's when him and Louis became friends. Harry's also slowing changing Louis. They just don't notice it. I'm trying to get Harry and Zayn apart, but they're just getting closer now with college coming along. And to be honest, when Zayn leaves for college I feel like that's when he's going to break up with me. So I'm just here hopelessly waiting for it to happen, holding on to the hope of him not breaking my heart. Until he decides,I'm going to try to make the best of everything." She as she wiped away some tears that had fallen out of her eyes. Everything she had just told me was a lot to process. I have never heard her tell the story about her and Zayn.

"I know I seem pathetic waiting until Zayn breaks up with me, but I love him." My eyes went wide. Her and Zayn have never told each other they loved each other. It seems odd that they haven't said they love each other after all that's happened.

"Awe. What a sweet love story. Now get out of our seats." someone said behind Leslie. She turned around to discover Harry and Kelly watching over us awaiting for their seats.