Chapter 9

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. Someone was calling me.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Hey Destiny," it was Leslie. What was she doing calling me this early in the morning?

"Were you asleep?" She asked with surprise clearly in here voice.

"Yeah." I replied.

"You know it's 1 in the afternoon, right?"

"What?!" I practically yelled. I sat up and check the time. It was indeed 1 in the afternoon. "I had a rough night, I guess. I didn't think I would be able to go back to sleep, but I guess I was really tired." I said as I yawned.

"Oh. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked concerned.

"Maybe later" I informed her.

"Okay, well can you do me a favor?"

"Depends what it is." I said as always. "You have to promise you'll say yes," She whined.

"I can't promise anything. I have to know what it is."

"Look, if you promise then I'll be your best friend . And plus, I'll be there with you doing it."

"We already are best friends and Doing what?" I questioned.

"We can be mega best friends, and Well, that's the part where you have to promise me you'll do with me. Don't worry. It's nothing bad, I'll be with you the entire time. Just please, do it with me. Promise me you'll do it." She said begging me.

"Fine," I grunted.

"I promise. Now what is it?" I asked.

"You have to come with me to a party tonight. A party at the frat house .... Where Zayn and Harry live." She stated. I froze at the mention of Harry's name.

"Destiny ? You still there?"

"Um, yeah. But I don't want to go over there. And plus how come they get to live at a frat house ? They're not even in college." I asked confused and I certainly didn't want to see Harry after all of this. He did say some hurtful things last time I saw him. I just wanted to avoid in all circumstances.

"Harry has connections, and well since zayn is his best fiend, he got him in there too. It cost a lot to stay there though. Cmon, It's going to be fun. Well, that's what I heard. Plus, Harry's going to be there. You don't want to miss the opportunity to talk to him. It's just this one time, I promise. I don't want to be alone. It's Louis' birthday today, and they're throwing him a party. And I'm sure he wants you to be there. You're friends right ?"

"Uh, yeah." I said remembering our last encounter. Last time I saw him, he saw me naked and crying my eyes out.

"Well that's good. Now, you can't change your mind. You promised you'll come, so me and Zayn will pick you up at 8! Bye!" she said then the line fell silent. Oh great. A party. I haven't been to one before, or even drank alcohol before for that matter. I don't think nothing good can from this. I rolled out of bed and got my black laced bra and underwear out of my cabinet. I'm not sure why, but my sister bought them for me and I really like them. I then went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I took my clothes off and looked at myself in the mirror. I ran my fingers over the scar that was on my hipbone. It was about two inches long. Who would want a girl with a huge scar on a part that's supposed to be attractive? No one.

I took my hair out of my ponytail and let my long brown hair drape over my shoulders. I really needed to cut it, it was getting really long.

I turned on the water and stepped in. Waited for the water to heat up gave  me time to thing about what I was going to tell Leslie. Should I tell her about Harry? She would probably freak if I did, then she'd constantly keep telling me that he has a crush on me, which isn't true. Who wants me? People say I'm pretty, but no one has actually asked me to be their girlfriend. It seems a little silly that I care so much about a subject over relationships, but I've always dreamt of the perfect kind. The type where the guy calls you beautiful and kisses you on the nose and just calls you to see how you're doing. Those types of guys don't seem to exist apparently, but I don't think it's true. I believe that my Prince Charming is somewhere out there. My thoughts were soon caught off by a knock on the door.

"Hey, are you doing alright?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just taking a shower. Ill be out of here in a minute." I replied.

"Okay, well I have lunch ready. And .. uh .... Joey's here, so don't be surprised if you see him."

I groaned at the thought of seeing him. He's definitely not on the list of people I want to see, but again there's not many people on the list that I wouldn't mind seeing.

"Okay, well I need to talk to you." I said. I was going to tell her everything. From her not picking me up last night, to this morning. She's my person. I tell everything to her about anything. Yeah Leslie's my best friend and I can count on her on many things, but Nancy's different. She's the only one that has been here for me through the extremely rough patches, seen me at my worse, and knows absolutely everything about me.

I got into the warm water. The water ran from my hair down to my body. I felt the dirt wash away, the knots in my muscles dissolve. I got my shampoo and put some into the palms of my hand applying it into my hair. I let the water run through my hair washing the shampoo right out. I put my body scrub into the tips of my fingers and put it all over my body. My fingers ran up and down making sure I got cleaned everywhere, that was until my fingers ran over my scar. I looked down at it, painful memories only running through my mind. Tear soon started falling down my cheeks. I don't need to remember all these horrible things. I'm going to try to avoid the subject and move on with my life. I've tried to convince myself that I will move on from the horrid memories, but I know that it's not true. They will forever haunt me. But the best I can do is not to think about it, so I won't. I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I slipped my clothes right on, and walked out of my bathroom. It was chilly in my room, but I think it's only because I was wearing shorts and a tank top. I brushed my long brown hair and blow dried it. Stepping out of my room to go get good, I heard Joeys voice. There was a sandwich and chips on the counter which I assumed was for myself. I got it and ran back to my room wanting to avoid any confrontation with Joey. I shut the door right behind me and jumped on my bed. I opened the bag of chips and starting eating them one by one. I texted Nancy off my phone saying that It was time to talk to her. She responded with an okay, shortly followed with a knock on my bedroom door. I got up and opened the door. Nancy stood there, but with Joey right beside her.

"I need to talk to Nancy alone." I stated.

"Well that's not happening. You talk to both of us, or none of us. So you might as well just let us in right now." He firmly replied.

I really didn't care about what Joey thought or heard. He already knew I had a crush on Harry so this wouldn't make a difference.

"Okay, first of all you don't tell me what I can and can not do. I can fucking talk to my sister without you, so bye. " I said pulling my sister into the room and then slamming shut the door shut in his face.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why he always acts like this. But what do you need to talk to me about ?" She asked.

"Sit down. This is going to take a while." I said sighing.