1

Ash POV

GONG!

The starting sound rings in my ears and almost makes me deaf. I crouch down for a moment and cover my ears. One second Ash. One second. I look at the mayhem going on and wish I could look back down but now I cant. Ellie from 2 has impaled Cara in the neck and Victor has slit the boy from 8's stomach. I pick myself up and run to the river. There was no way I was going into that mess. Living in the Seam doesn't technically increase my chances. And I'm 12. I take the bottle I managed to snatch on my way out. As I expected it is empty. I fill it up and move away from the river knowing the careers will camp here. I wonder if Jewel is alright. I manage to find a tree that is well hidden and has good shade. I can walk to the other end of the river without the careers spotting me. The bloodbath must be over by now.

Bayley POV -

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"Only 4!" Ellie says dismayed.

The rest of us stay silent. Herger and I aren't as enthusiastic as her. Why were there no male volunteers? I wasn't ready to go in but after Nat was reaped I had to. She's my younger sister. Then after I volunteered my twin Herger was reaped and nobody volunteered for him. I swear I cried for days. I don't want to be here. I didn't want to kill. I regret killing Cooper. But it had to be done. Ellie is a physco. She loves killing people and loves the games. She killed Cara and the boy from 5. When will this nightmare end?

"Herger," I say pulling him aside.

"B," He says back. "What do you want?"

"To team up with 5," I tell him. "She asked me in training and I told her that I would stay with the careers and leave once Ellie and Victor go to sleep, I said I would bring a bow,"

"Good Idea," He says excitedly. "Where is she then?"

"I saw her head to the mountains, she might be in a cave," I tell him. "Tonight we leave"

"Ok," He tells me and we walk back to the group.

The faces of the dead appear.

The boy from 5

Cara from 6

Cooper from 6

The boy from 8

The twelve-year-olds made it this far. I'm impressed. I look at Herger. He points to Ellie and Victor. They are sleeping in each other's arms. I nod to him and he nods back.

We carefully walk over and grab 3 backpacks and a Bow with Arrows. We stuff as much food, water, weapons and supplies we can into the backpacks. I don't forget to grab my sword and Victor's.

We quietly leave camp and look back at the pile. There is still a lot of food and water and weapons. We don't want them to be completely helpless and chase after us. We make our way to the mountains. I spot a lit fire. It must be 5. I grab Herger by the hand run towards it but not before passing him a sword. I put my finger to my mouth and he zips his lips. We walk into the cave and smile.

"Nice of you to come along," she says.

A/N -

Sorry, it's so short only about 550 words.... I promise the next ones are longer. 

So I have 4 chapters of the games so that will be one month of uploads. I am working on chapter 9 right now. I don't want to spend so much time in the games but focus more on the rebels. I have some pretty cool characters lined up. Feel free to comment your own and I may add your character in.

First POV next chapter is Felicity's. Who if you didn't know is the District 5 girl? I want to focus this story on Districts 5, 8 and 10 who you will see more of soon. 

Vote, Comment and Share this story with your friends. Until next monday. Bye!!!

Kaiya.