15

Callum's POV - 15

I find myself on a pedestal. The one that could end my life in seconds.

30. 29. 28. 27. 26. 25.

Timing is key. The trident planted fork up in the sand. The pressure was getting to me.

12. 11. 10.

I get ready. My skin feels stuffy. The heat radiating off into my mind making it fuzzy.

BOOM!

District 5 stepped off early. Her blood and guts everywhere. I still have to stay focused.

3.2.1. GONG!

I rush forward and then my flashback turns to darkness.

------

The room is black. I feel like I've been here before. The room looks never ending and a target is on the wall. I run to it but it moves further away from me. Then there is a girl. More like 3. All look very familiar. 1 more than others.

All 3 have blood dripping from there torso's. And I finally realize who they are. I run forward and grip there almost cold hands.

Bryn. Erika. Felicity.

2 of the girls I've become close to and the girl they thought they lost. They couldn't die on my watch.

"Callum!" Bryn screams. "Leave!"

I close my eyes. I needed to listen to them. Listen to the horrors of my dream. The horrors of my reality.

"Callum?" Erika asks. "Am I going to die?"

I just hug her. As we face the mess that we can't avoid. The mess that we have begun. The mess that we will win.

Amy's POV -

People begin to charge.

I stay back. Jordan with me. We watch as the revivals of past tributes saw through district 13 and even the capitol. By now we don't know whose side they are on.

"Amy" Jordan turns to me. "You remember the watch?" I nod my head. "I just wanted to let you know because we might be dead soon I-"

Before he can finish my lips are against his. And I caused it. It was never a thought it was a reality. He moved away and charged into battle and knife went against my throat.

"Oh If it isn't Amy!" The attacker sniggers.

"Oh if it isn't slow pace," I say back knowing who it is. "Alex people really don't seem to change with you do they?"

"They don't Amy and you should have learnt that a long time ago," He says.

"But people do change in my books Alex," I say. "And you are one of them"

He releases the grip and I pull out. He stands there but I can't fight him. He was my closest friend. Until I turned 14 and He turned 15.

"I have changed haven't I?" He says. I nod and run into the battle.

He forgets me and charges at 13. The voices seem to begin again. I ignore them though. I kill - sadly - Sierra before she gets me. But the voices keep coming. I keep ignoring them. I get through many revivals most from the later games. But the voices become too much to ignore and I have to listen.

"Amy" The sweet boy I thought I knew says. "Did you see the victor of this year's games?" I was weaving a basket but I nodded. This was Aysha's games. "She was the youngest girl and person ever, she was younger than Finnick" I nod finishing my basket.