20

The Capitol... - 20

As night begins to fall, the living victors and survivors look to the sky as if by habit. Yet nothing appears. Several smile because they won't be reminded but some frown in the sorrow of these people being forgotten.

All the living are there. Amy free from the control room with Aysha. Briar, Secera, Harper and Lynx trying to reach Blair. Renee, Vivian, Viscera and Bonnie comforting the capitol people unfamiliar to the horrors. Felicity just sitting on her own in the corner of the capitol.

Then there is the dead. Bryn and Star, hands clasped in their final breaths. Erika and Callum reaching for each other but failing. Every other victor of the games. The innocent. The not so much.

"Freeze the revivals Freya, now," Erabella says emotionless from the murder of her once idol.

Freya does so. This time all of the revivals freeze in place. Even the ones turned good. For all, they know this is the end.

"People of Panem, I am Erabella Snow the second granddaughter to President Snow. I have lost everything to me, Hayley, my sanity" She turns to Freya and nods.

Suddenly the revivals are alive much beginning to slaughter as Erabella continues. "I killed him" She pauses for a moment. "Snow is dead"

Then hell breaks loose. Many people beginning to scream, not from wounds but from people collapsing dead in front of there eyes.

Bonnie kissing Vivian one last time before he is dead with only the 2 girls he loved most weeping over his body.

Natasha hugging her sister one last time not letting the loneliness sink in. Bayley too falls dead.

Suddenly the population alive changes drastically. They look out at the rest of Panem covered in a tornado of smoke. Trapped they hug each other.

Lost in a sea of trouble.

All but Amy. Lost in a sea of hopelessness clutching the now dead Aysha's hand. Too late. The revival got her too soon. She mercilessly shreds the killer to nothing but bones, horrifying everyone around her.

But nothing else matters. Nothing at all.

People don't seem to care what Amy is doing. To be honest they would all do the same. If they lost someone this important to them. Even a 20 minute walk away Erabella and Freya can hear Amy. She's louder than Bonnie.

"What is the point," Someone says. Everyone looks around as the voice is unfamiliar to many. It is non-other than Lynx Colten. "I don't talk much but when I do I make it count, There are many of us here with everyone they love next to them, myself included, but a lot of us don't"

"Lynx stop!" Secera yells not too far from her. "Yeah we all lost someone some is many different ways, if we don't give up we'll be fine"

People seem to begin to argue overseeing what's beyond the border or waiting for death to come. Amy just runs and tucks herself inside the victor's wall of fame.

One last chance to see Aysha's face.

"Your pretty nice for a career," Aysha says talking to Amy before her interview.

"Well for someone about to kill heaps of innocent children, I'm being as optimistic as possible" She replies grinning.

The tears begin to crash down Amy's face as the arguments around her heat up.

"Amy?" Someone far too familiar shouts. "I know your down here!"

The sweetness in his voice seems to cover up the evil he always held. He comes down the hall and wraps his arms around Amy. He turns to her and kisses her on the cheek before tearing off Aysha's plaque to hand to her.

"If we never get out of here you can still have her," He says before running.

"Alex wait!" Amy says making him stop. "Thanks"

She can't even see the smile painted on his face.

-

At this point when someone says they can fix things, everyone seems to believe it. So when a certain Jordan Bowen comes running into the courtyard to face the body of his dead sister with a trident impaling the flesh of the killer, he still says to follow him.

Everyone follows the crowd, including those hidden away, to the heart of the capitol. Nobody thinks of anything until Viscera sees the small smile on Erabella's face.

Only then she seems to check the clock. "Did the clock freeze a couple of hours before the games started?"

"No, Cera I put the clock back to the day of the games and configured the back of it to the same as my watch where if I drop it will go back to the time when my watch broke," Jordan says. "That's we've had Deja Vu, and only the dropee remains in the position while everyone alive moves"

"You're saying we can go back to when the games began and stop this?" Briar says.

"Honestly me and Cera would kill to see Vivian one last time even if it meant us dying," Bonnie says. "I knew you were about to ask if we could go back to us in the games"

"I'll do it," Erabella says walking towards Jordan. "I need to be close to the game centre for reasons to remain hidden, once this happens"

"Okay, all in favour raise your hands" No one hand is left down except for Renee's being held up by Bonnie. "Say goodbye, we drop in 1 minute"

Renee is the only one that moves. "Stay safe, I'll tell Clare thanks for caring for you when Ellie inevitably wins after you dying"

Bonnie just comes over and hugs her tightly. "Don't change anymore please, Vicky is just pleading for you to bow down to her"

They both begin to laugh before Renee begins to cry. "I didn't think ice would melt"

Amy turns to Jordan whilst holding Aysha's plaque. "Can we just restart and see how life plays out, I want to wait a little bit before diving back into our relationship"

"Whatever you say, Amy," Jordan says kissing her. "Whatever you say"

Everyone stares at Erabella as she walks onstage. "Remember, I don't exist, or else Snow will come to your house and kill you" she smiles a bit looking at her hand. "I'll see you a couple of weeks ago"

She presses the button and everything goes white until the capitol is normal again. It's normal again.