19

The Capitol... -19

She kills again. Every victim another memory of her time in hell. Her time in the arena. But right now is worse. The screams of terror and lifeless movements of the previously dead haunting everyone.

"Hey sis... I'm a bit tired wanna ditch and get some chocolate cake from Snows room, I hear it's the best" Jordan says approaching her. She just rolls her eyes, they have no time for sleep.

"I may only be a year and a half younger than you but you haven't had to fight for your life" She says in her normal 'I'm better than you' tone.

"I won Amy though" He says chuckling. "That is worth everything to me now"

"You've kissed once before, that's not winning Amy over" She says chuckling. 'Now I have to get back to cleaning"

Cleaning. A word that would forever be associated with the cleaning of undead souls. Jordan just looks at his little sister running off too much blood on her hands that he can't get rid of.

Sprinting as fast as he can he runs away to a hidden spot where nobody dead or alive could find him. Rummaging around his pocket he pulls out a brand new watch he has been fiddling with. He notices the hand has stopped moving, because of the tinkering. He continues to try and get it working again. He eventually gives up.

"Stupid watch" He says chucking it on the ground. He looks around and gasps. Aysha is back in the spot he talked to her. It was as if time had never happened.

People were still dying normally but because he wasn't there to talk to her Bryn and Star look at each other in a moment of love before Bryn collapses for the final time. Hopelessly Star clings onto the girl as the war rages on until he finally gets hit by a knife from a young district 2 girl by the name of Ellie.

Jordan throws the watch down again and finds that time has gone back to Aysha in the spot moments before he talks to her. So he sprints killing the person that later would have spared Bryn.

Instead of talking to Aysha he kills all in sight of his path. The massive digital clock in the heart of the capitol about a 15 minute run from where he is.

There is only one explanation for all of this. Everything going back as if it was Deja Vu. The people looking concerned mentioning the Deja Vu they all experienced. Apart from the dead. Those that died in those minutes that were replayed didn't know a thing.

They didn't know that Jordan Samuel Bowen had indeed invented time travel.

--

She wanders the empty halls alone, touching everything that warms her heart. The victor wall of fame with her face plastered grinning after her training session.

The phrase she picked below her name. The young vicious girl that killed with no hesitation.

Renee Ilina Lucan

77th Annual Hunger Games

'Keeping calm is the key to keeping sane'

Everything engraved on the plaque saying a world of emotions running through her at the time. Sanity was what made her win her games. Everyone else drove themselves insane whilst she kept herself in check.

Now she has lost it all. All because of a 13-year-old girl from district 8. The person that made her feel something the stone cold killer she was never felt before.

The thing called love.

She cared for the girl like a sibling after truly getting to know her. Before she was a girl who she would not hesitate to end a life if it meant she was showered in riches. The stone-cold killer Renee Lucan was now Ice-cold.

The ice that froze her every moment she watched a young person die. Not the way the person who cheered on when she was alerted.

Trees rapidly decaying from Snow's button of destruction. If there was a way out of this, the resources would hardly last a week. The clear glass window reflected on the one boy running away from all the trouble to the heart of the capitol.

Ice keeping her frozen began to melt as she remembered everything good that she had felt. The relief of her survival, the young district 8 girl and her comrades, the boy running away with such determination that he must know what he's doing.

It made her heart begin to feel all the love she never felt in the world. Love her family never gave her. Love that she never earnt. The love that made her a normal human being. But she hadn't earnt any of it.

A scream.

Far too familiar for Renee to ignore. Sprinting at a pace very few knew she would she sprints into the war zone trying to dodge everything thrown at her.

She gets a glimpse of the terrified green eyes of someone called Bonnie Wright. The girl that gave her the love she never knew she wanted.

In that moment nothing else mattered more to Renee Ilina Lucan. This young girl needed to survive.

--

The soundless noise of pure like death seems to haunt the world of Panem. Everyone out of the districts dead or to be without their precious resources. Erabella sits in the centre of all this.

A young girl just the age of 15 hidden away at her birth as the 'back-up plan'. Everything was going perfectly to plan, all she had to do was wait.

Wait for that perfect moment when everything could go back to normal. She knew exactly what needed to happen, observing every possibility in a sorceress sort of way.

She felt when Jordan found out about the combination to cause repeating time. She knew exactly when Renee would finally come to her senses and save Bonnie. All that was left to do was down to her and Amy Laurel.

She had to kill her grandfather, and Amy had to knock down every last victors plaque on the wall. It needed to be perfect.

"ERABELLA!"

The scream launched towards Erabella at lightning speed. Making her aware of everything that she was going to have to fix. As much as she hated Freya, she wouldn't let her grandfather hurt her.

It hit her like a train out running a bullet. No matter what she did they wouldn't change. Everyone would be as ignorant as before, except the knowledge that they have been cursed with.

So she just goes. Launching into rocket speed charging towards her grandfathers room before the Tango of death ends. Everything she is trying to stop being shoved in her ears.

Nothing else matters to her, as long as he is gone for good.

Knife poised at the door, she shoves it open. Yet he looks unsuprised, while Freya still has a look of horror. He stops moving and allows Freya to hide behind the girl only just 15.

"All these deaths won't matter in many years time" Snow cackles. "I ask you two, name the first 7 deaths of the games this year"

"Cara, Cooper, Willow, Fredrick, Lillith, Weaver and Albert" Freya says silently. "You wouldn't forget them"

He just looks at her before creeping slowly over to the pair. Erabella seems unfased and emotionessly stands still.

Grasping his hand around Freya's throat he squeezes tightly. Erabella looks in pain as someone she not-long ago wanted her dead, is dying before her very eyes.

Before Freya begins to shut down, she is released from the clutches of death. The first thing she sees is the blood begining to stain the pearl white shirt of the once great Presidant Snow.

Then nothing. Presidant Snow was dead and the knife tipped with blood in Erabella's hand seems to shock the pair.

"He was going to die in a year" Freya admits. "A villans death"

"A villans death" Erabella repeats.

I am so close to finishing this book. There is 1 more chapter and 1 or 2 epilouges after that, be prepared for death next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story. I'm so close to 500 reads and 50 votes!