🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 ⑤⑨ - Guess Who Has Been Resurrected!

I started regaining my senses to some beeping sound.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What was that? I started inching closer the sound but my body didn't oblige. Even my hands didn't want to move in addition to my eyes not opening. Traitorous body!

However, for the first time in so long, I didn't feel the metal digging into my skin. Maybe I got used to it.

After trying so hard, my eyes finally started opening but I shut them immediately feeling the burn of bright light. Being kept for so long in the darkness makes you quite the vampire!

I could see a running silhouette on my second trial along with hearing a few muffled sounds. Where was I?

I felt the lights reduce a little making me feel a bit better. I opened them slowly blinking a few times until my vision was no longer hazy or blurry. I saw mom standing right beside me leaning down looking so worried.

I took a moment to look at her face, she looked like she aged a decade. I tried to reach for her face making her take my hands in hers.

'If she's here then I'm safe!' I kept telling myself over and over. I was safe.

I was... safe.

I was home.

I looked towards the beeping sound only to find a heart monitor going steadily.

"W-what happe..ned?" I asked feeling so groggy. She passed me a glass of water which I drank without complaining. My throat was almost instant soothed by the cool feeling.

"Are you feeling better?" Her eyes starting tearing up again, her voice so weak. I nodded with a smile.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have a few questions." A man I didn't notice until now said. I almost recoiled in fear but braced myself. Mom wrapped her arm around me squeezing gently.

He introduced himself as detective Jones then started asking about what happened. I told him everything I knew. However, he didn't answer any of my questions saying I needed rest.

"Mom, can we leave? I wanna go home." I gave her my best puppy eyes. The IV in my arm was bringing back memories so fresh I could almost touch it. I wanted to be in the safety of my own room now more than ever.

"I'll try to ask the doctor. You rest now, okay honey?" I sniffed but nodded anyway. I wasn't running away from the confined space any time soon.

I laid back in bed a few minutes, trying to push away the memories. I could almost still smell the blood. But then the doctor came. I didn't try to look at him and closed my eyes as he did his tests.

"Are you feeling any kind of pain?" He said in a very familiar voice.

"No." I opened my eyes slowly to find him grinning down on me. Wait, Ross?!

"Surprise, I'm your doctor," He said in a collected voice. "Are you up for a visitor after you have your rest?" I shook my head closing my eyes again. Talking hurt like a bitch and I wasn't about to go down that road.

"You didn't say no." He laughed getting out.

Insert a major eyeroll with my eyes closed here because I was too tired to insult him.

When mom came back into the room she looked even worse. Like she was hiding something. An hour or so passed with us in comfortable silence with her stroking my hair gently before she spoke.

"I'm so sorry, honey." Her voice broke my heart to a thousand pieces. I felt my own tears threatening to spill. I reached out to hold her hand and squeezed it.

"Don't cry, I'm fine." My voice was barely a whisper. She looked at me with her puffy red eyes and cried so hard. I stroked her shoulder lightly wanting to make her feel better but failing miserably.

This was all my fault...

When she calmed down, she asked if she could style my hair. I agreed cheerfully remembering the many nights we spent together with Loca styling each others hair and playing with makeup. The three of us used to have sleepovers in the guestroom when we were younger.

I felt a smile tug at my lips. She was brushing my hair gently removing the little knots and returning it to its usual silky state. But I could see she was worried about something... I didn't want her to have to carry a burden on her own anymore.

"Mom, whatever i-it is... you can t-tell me," I whispered but I knew she heard it. She sighed as she started sectioning my hair to put it in an elaborate braid.

"I didn't want to tell you now, but I know you will worry if I keep it from you." She didn't look into my eyes but kept focusing on my hair. "Your dad..." She paused seeming unsure of what to say exactly. I gulped not liking her tone or the subject we were talking about.

"He turned himself into the police." What?!!! "I couldn't believe what he did... I... I asked for divorce... the things he did... I can't really believe it." So she knew now what Oliver told me. I wasn't feeling sad. No, more like recognizing the words but no reacting.

"His trial was kept low but he'll be gone for a while." That's when the sobbing started again. She kept apologising over and over while holding me.

Me, on the other hand, didn't feel sorry for him. I was so numb!

Mom then had to leave and return in the morning. I hoped she would rest a bit... Loca and Ian would take care of her I was sure. They all had each other to turn to!

The moment mom was out, Ross got in with two nurses wearing surgical masks. However, I could recognize them anywhere.

Ron and Alice.