20 - Make It Big

It's been three months since I went back to school and despite what I thought, things have actually been really good for me. I reprogrammed the rest of the nanobots and made a program for Uncle Tarot's research. It isn't perfected but it's pretty close and I'm hoping that I'll be able to give it to him soon and try it out on a rabbit or something. The baby has grown significantly and I am very noticeable now. I look like I'm just fat because I have the bigger clothing and everything but it's still not very helpful when people stare as I walk down the hall.
Tayla hasn't spoken to me in all this time and even though it hurts that she won't talk to me, I know that it was not my fault. This baby is a part of me and I won't let the feelings of someone I cared deeply about make up my mind for me. I am debating whether I should go and see what it is that I'm having. I don't really have time for it with classes and all and the only person that I trust with confidentiality is Uncle Miller.
We haven't heard anything about Gerald's reappearance since I came back to the university but Jai did win the science fair just like we all predicted. From what I am told, Bay is not taking his pregnancy very well and is very temperamental and moody all the time. He is protective of his baby but everyone says that he is a beast to be around, spitting out words he doesn't mean and just a very big emotional roller coaster.

*************************

"Yeah, he threw a vase at his dad this morning because Uncle Tarot didn't cook any eggs for him and then he broke down and cried a little while later because he couldn't swing his legs onto the couch to take a nap. It's like we're dealing with a crazy person or something." Jai said over the phone.
I chuckled as I typed some things into my program.
"That doesn't surprise me. I cried the other night when the teacher told us how two sets of chromosomes make a human and I started bawling in class. It's embarrassing."
"Yeah, he's going to get expelled soon if he doesn't stop throwing things though."
"Yeah he does have a bad habit of that. If nothing else, Bay knows how to throw a tantrum... How's Ichor been? He hasn't called or said one word to me since the big reveal."
"He's taking it hard. A lot harder than the rest of us for some reason. I don't know why he's so angry about it since he was the one that was kept."
"My thoughts exactly. I tried to call him but he didn't pick up."
"He's brooding. He won't even talk to me or Bay... I'm kind of worried about him because he just looks like he's about to burst but won't say anything."
"Has anything unusual happened?"
"Nope. What was the reason you told us about each other exactly? I mean, supposedly there was some danger or something and no one told us anything."
"There is but the point was that you all needed to know who you really were. The danger has to do with the dormant 'seahorse gene' that you all possess. Since I am pregnant and Bay is as well, we had to let everyone know to be careful because there is potential for it and we didn't want you all to be in the dark about it."
"Ah, I see... Anyhow, I got to go. Got to study for my exam tomorrow so talk to you later."
"Yeah."
I hung up and then sighed, rubbing my big taut stomach as I leaned back in the computer chair. I was a bit peckish but I didn't exactly know what I wanted snack on. I had some nacho chips, a box of fruit roll ups, some yogurt, and ice cream to choose from here in the dorm room but my tongue was asking for something different.
"Zebra cakes." I said with a snap of my fingers. "But I can only get them for free in one place and the owner of those sweet little cakes will deny them to me... Unless I plead..."
I was really starting to crave one now and so I decided to throw on a shirt and go down and ask for it. I knew that Tayla wouldn't let me have one of her precious zebra cakes but it was worth a try before I had to walk all the way to the corner store for it. And my back was hurting along with my feet so going any further than Tayla's dorm was not in my agenda.
I got to Tayla's room and knocked on the door a little.
"Hey, um... can I come in?" I asked tentatively.
There was no answer so I tried the door just to see if it was open. I was surprised it was and I opened it up a little. I saw Tayla lying on the bed and I walked over to her, shaking her a little.
"Tayla, can I have a zebra cake?" I asked quietly.
She didn't answer when I noticed how weird she was laying. She was wearing a nice looking shirt but her pants were off. Her underwear was a little crumpled up and on weird as well. I so how limp she was and the blood stained knuckles. Tayla had been drugged and I think someone raped her.
"Oh my god!" I yelled, sitting her up and trying to get her to wake up.
She was like cooked spaghetti in my arms but I couldn't call anyone. There was no nurse on campus as this time of night and I couldn't get the police involved... I don't know if she even was raped or anything... I leaned her on my back and dragged her to my room, grabbing three zebra cakes on the way out.