40 - Choree Huee Lekin Bhool Nahin Kee Gaee

"It's been weeks since the invasion of the Maclara happened. My town is like a ghost town, hardly anyone living there. I saved my nieces with the skin of my teeth and my comatose brother with the luck of a thousand four leaf clovers. My family has been taken captive and are being used to further their breeding. My... my family has a gene that the world is now calling the 'seahorse gene'. It allows men to have children just as a woman would; just as the gene's namesake does. They are using them to give other men, men who don't naturally have it like my brothers and I, and using their alien technology to study us.
"I have used this secret wavelength to send out a warning to anyone that can hear me. The Maclara can't hear me because I am in a cave in a forest with a lot of machines using frequencies and electromagnetic waves that are stopping the alien's detectors from finding me... I just heard that they can also scan men and see the percentage of how compatible they will be if they inject them with this serum. Most men are over 60%, which is all the Maclara need. If you can hear this message, get to a safe place that is as natural as you can get it. The less touched by man it is, the less the detectors can find you.
"Please, anyone who can hear this. We need help and I need help. I am taking care of my comatose brother and two baby nieces. You can stay here with us if you like but just please be careful. Look around and make sure you are not being followed by one of them. They have the ability to change their appearance. If you feel strange about something or someone isn't acting right, don't trust them. Get away from them as quickly as possible and find a natural place to hide. This is Jai Eored-Leoda with a report of the situation of Earth."
I signed off of the frequency I was on and ran my hands through my hair. The radios were giving reports almost every day that were different from the first. The whole planet wasn't like this, just certain places that had a density of people with the 'seahorse gene'. Some were even saying that there were a couple of places where this gene was natural in others as well and their towns were being treated the same. I wasn't really concerned about it, just about where I lived and how I would survive with the kids and Sim.
Luckily, I was able to find the nanobots that Sim was working on and have been trying to develop a formula that will make them reconfigure brain cells so that I can get him out of his coma. It will take a long time but I know that I will be able to get him out of it. I'm also using some of them to be able to hide the seahorse gene in me and in the girls. Even though they are girls, they will pass it on to their children, whatever gender they may be, and if nobody stops these aliens by the time the girls are of age, who knows what will happen.

***************************

I sit on the sofa that I got from the furniture store and put my hand over my face. Being in a desolate town by yourself is pretty boring and things begin to blur quickly. I have no one to talk to except for Sim and the girls, who neither can respond, and social interaction is at a standstill. I know that I need to get out and find some more people but I have a feeling that no one is going to come here. The only thing I know to do is to scout, finding locations on the Internet that would suit my needs and are closer to civilization but I can't do that until I configure the nanobots to hide the gene within us.
"Ja, ja!" I hear from behind the couch.
I looked over the arm and find Prudence and Northern sitting and playing with some blocks that I got from the toy store. When Northern sees me she grins a toothless grin and squeals with a triangle in her hand. I give her an air kiss and she laughs, hitting the blocks with the one in her hand. Prudence doesn't like that and pushes Northern with a grunt. She'll be a moody one, that girl...
A beeping noise grabs my attention and I run to the computer. The signal that I traced in the background of Bay's phone call has finally been tracked and now I can keep an eye on where those aliens are and when they will be coming. I am not going to be so stupid as to get caught or be dumb enough to lose focus. I will find my family and I will have them back.
"I will find you." I vow.