(15) Danger Lurking

15. Danger Lurking

Days passed and of course Amelia ignored Alec. As much as possible. Whether he was walking down the hall or she saw him on the street. She would run the opposite direction. Alec was sick of Amelia running from him and finally caught up with her and made her stop.

"Lia what's up?"

"Nothing. Why do you ask?" She replied with a fake smile.

"Did I do something wrong? Look if this is about the kiss I can't tell you that it's a mistake but I'm confused alright?"

As soon as Alec spoke those words it was like Amelia burst into life.

"How dare you think you're the only one confused?! I'm human to and I want to know what the hell is going on-"

Her words were cut off by a gun shot. They both turned to the right and Amelia's face went from angry to confused to frightened while Alec remain stone cold when he saw the men walking up to them.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the great Alec fighting with a girl?" The men burst into laughter. Alec calculated in his head if he would be able to take on all of them and let Amelia escape before they hurt her.

"You've never been a comedian Marc I don't know why you try."

"Shut up you piece of shit. I'm not here to make jokes with you. Now, who's this pretty lady?"

"Don't you dare walk up to her you bastard."

"Protective are we? That's a pretty damn big weakness." Marc walked up to Amelia and pointed his gun at her. Amelia stood frozen in her spot and Alec made no move to help her.

"What do you want Marc?" He said and spat the name as if it was disgusting to even say it.

"Oh it's quite simple you owe me money, you get that money through your fights but since she got here your payments have been slow so I thought I'd scare her off with a friend of mine and that clearly didn't work so I have to deal with her myself."

Amelia finally got her voice back, "that was you that sent the drunk guy at me?"

Marc rolled his eyes. "Nothing personal sweetheart and I was going to shoot you but I'll be nice today and leave you with a warning."

He took out a pocket knife and before Alec could stop him reached over and sliced Amelia's hand. Amelia screamed and begged to let go and he did. As soon as he started walking away Alec ran to Amelia and started comforting her.

"Remember Alec. You owe me and I won't stop till I get my payment. Consider yourselves warned."

With that Marc walked away leaving a crying Amelia and a comforting Alec.

"Alec I'm so scared what's going on?"

"Lia just hold on I'm gonna get you to my house we'll clean that cut and then I'll explain."

Amelia nodded and he tok her to his home where his mother greeted them with a frightened face.

-----------------------------------------

Wooooow. I take forever to update. Literally I feel so bad! But this chapter was pretty intense. Hope you like it! Please don't forget to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!!