Chapter 5: Something Special

"Olympia. I need you to Interrogate our latest, captured villain," Ms. O informed Olympia the next day. 

"You don't mean... Otis, do you," Olympia reluctantly asked. 

She even winced a bit from the thought of being stuck in a room with the rude, yet cute villain. Wait, what? Had she just admitted he was cute? 

"Yes, that's exactly who I mean. Find out more information about him," Ms. O ordered. 

"On it, Ms. O," Olympia unwillingly agreed. 

She raced off to the Interrogation Room, where Dr. O and Owen had just brought Otis in. 

"There you are. He should be good to go," Dr. O nodded seriously once. 

Her and Owen then left the room, before Olympia hesitated to sit across from Otis, who appeared more mad than before. 

"Okay, let's get this over with... What made you decide to become a villain," Olympia requested. 

Otis wasn't even looking at her, as he stared angrily/longingly at the locked door on the opposite side of the room. 

After there had been at least a minute of silence, Olympia spoke up, "Otis. I don't like this any more than you do, but Ms. O told me I have to be the one to interrogate you." 

"What made you decide to join Odd Squad," he shot out suddenly. 

"What," echoed Olympia in surprise. 

"What made you decide to join Odd Squad? It's only fair that I get to ask you questions too. If you're learning about me, then I might as well learn about you," Otis clarified, as he finally turned his head towards her. 

Olympia pursed her lips together as she glanced at the tabletop, shuffling the red, horizontal cards filled with possible questions in her hands. 

"That's easy. I joined Odd Squad, because I love everything about it! Solving cases, the squishinating, using the gadgets...," she trailed off, gazing up at the ceiling. 

Otis raised one of his eyebrows as he watched her talk. 

"Now, it's your turn," Olympia reminded him, suddenly serious again, and staring him down. 

"Okay... Fine, I'll admit, I became a villain, because I've always loved odd. Happy," he questioned, Olympia feeling a tiny smile attacking her face. 

"Yes. Now, on to the next question," she said, reading the next card. 

"What kind of odd do you like to cause the most," she inquired. 

"I believe it's your turn," Otis sassily replied. 

"Well, I don't cause oddness, but I love new cases the most. The opportunity to solve something no one's ever seen before. It's the best feeling ever...," she trailed off in a daze. 

"The odd I like to cause the most is anything new. I like to be remembered for not being like the other villains," he suddenly explained, Olympia unable to stop looking at him in wonder. 

It was almost as though they liked the same things, only on opposite sides of good and bad. 

"What," he asked. 

She blinked her eyes a few times as she shook her head. 

"Nothing," she claimed. 

"And besides, aren't you supposed to only be able to ask me twenty questions, or something," Otis wondered.