Chapter 15: All Along

Soon they were reluctantly fluttering their eyes open, and they realized that they were washed up onto the shore of the beach. 

"Otis? Otis," called out Olympia worriedly when she sat up. 

The wet sand was sticking all over her back to normal hair, and clothes but she didn't care about any of that. Her heart was jumping as she felt a terrible feeling that paralyzed her with fear. Just as her heart was plummeting to the depths of hopelessness, a pair of warm, familiar lips were crashing against her own. At first she was frozen in shock, but then she kissed them back, the kiss always staying soft and sweet. 

"Otis," she spoke after he had pulled away, him gently wiping away some of the wet sand near her hairline. 

"Olympia," he reacted, her smiling a bit as a slight smile escaped her lips. 

"I think it worked," she commented. 

"There's only one way to find out," stated Otis, standing up to offer her his hand. 

She grinned widely as she took it, brushing some of the stuff off of her suit. He held her hand the entire time as they left the hall of doors, then casually walked into headquarters. Otis was surprised to feel Olympia's hand shaking, since he was usually the one that was nervous. 

"Howdy do! How was your mission in Atlantis," wondered Oona, popping out of nowhere. 

She was smiling warmly at both of them, but they still shared an uncertain look, since they weren't fully sure if she meant their original mission, or the latest one... 

"Do you mean the mission to get rid of the blobs," Olympia reluctantly, slowly asked. 

"Of course! What else would it be," Oona wondered. 

"Um...," trailed off Olympia, speechless for once. 

"How about centigurps," Otis shrugged with one shoulder. 

Oona laughed some as she said, "Centigurps. That's a good one. Ms. O fixed that problem ages ago." 

Otis and Olympia both appeared confused, as they responded at the exact same time, "Really?" 

"Yeah, I thought everyone knew about that. I mean, you know about everything in Odd Squad history, right, Olympia," Oona checked. 

Olympia looked over at Otis again, before gazing in concern up to where Ms. O's office was. Her mind was whirring with how maybe Ms. O had known what happened all along to them, and she had experienced a wish of her own. 

"Sorry, Oona. We have to go talk to Ms. O now," Olympia apologized. 

"It's cool. I'll just be here inventing gadgets. I think I've almost nailed the Hamburger-Inator," Oona shared. 

Olympia smiled a tiny bit at her, before not wasting any time on racing up to Ms. O's office. 

"There you two are! How was Atlantis," Ms. O questioned, seeming a bit worried. 

"Let's just say that it taught us a lot," Olympia spoke after glancing at Otis. 

His arms were back to being stuck behind his back. 

"So, did the mer-king grant you a wish," Ms. O casually asked, as she walked over to her juice box bar. 

"Actually, he did...," trailed off Olympia. 

"Well, what was what," Ms. O inquired, striding back over with a cranberry drink. 

Olympia couldn't help but lock her eyes over on Otis again, him nodding once.