Chapter 12: The Wrong Angle

"Olympia! Look! Flying raisins... that turn into flowers," Otis called, testing out his newest gadget. 

"That's nice," she weakly smiled, no longer thrilled with how he was acting. 

"You'll like this one. A squirrel... that gets a horn like a unicorn, and... shoots out sparkles," he dramatically finished. 

"Yeah, it's great, Otis," Olympia casually lied. 

"What's wrong, partner? I thought you'd like it," he said. 

"Pfft, nothing's wrong. What are you talking about," she reacted, standing up and walking over to a glass house filled with sparkly lady bugs. 

"You just haven't seemed like yourself lately. I've been able to tell," he admitted. 

"Oh, like how you haven't been yourself lately," she suddenly shot back, spinning around to face him. 

"What do you mean? I'm doing what I've always wanted to do," he claimed. 

"Otis, this isn't funny. Are you starting to morph into this world again," she wondered as she moved closer to him. 

"No," he got out, his voice almost cracking. 

"Fine, then what were the first words you ever said to me," she inquired, folding her arms across her chest. 

"The name's Otis," he easily answered. 

"Okay, that's an easy one. What did you get me for our Halfiversary," interrogated Olympia. 

"The villain, Mr. Lightning's signature, an original Odd Squad badge, and an Odd Squad Agent's manual in its original shrink wrap," he replied effortlessly, securing his arms behind his back. 

"Okay, what about...," she started, but he actually cut her off. 

"And you got me a rock, socks, and a t-shirt. Now is this really necessary," he intervened. 

"I don't get it. You've changed so much," she noted. 

"No, I haven't I've always been this way," he claimed. 

"Otis! You have never been this obsessed with odd! Plus, you are never this forward, or mischievous. What are you? Turning into another Odd Todd, or something," Olympia accused with narrowed eyes in thought. 

"No... There's a secret that I never told you in our other world... Our real one," he corrected. 

"What's that," she reluctantly asked. 

"I was once a villain," he stated. 

Her mouth hung open before she closed it, laughing a bit as she reacted, "Yeah, right. You're just saying that." 

"No, Olympia! It's true. I was once a villain. That's why I got so serious when I came to Odd Squad. I was afraid of messing up," he confided. 

"Messing up," she echoed in puzzlement. 

"Yes. I've always loved odd. I can't help it, but being a villain got lonely after awhile. I knew with Odd Squad I could not only change my life around, but still get to see odd every day too," he shared. 

"I can't believe you," she claimed as she turned away. 

"It's true," he confirmed. 

"No! What I mean is, I can't believe you kept this secret from me," she exclaimed as she spun back around. 

"Who even are you, Otis? I thought I knew you in our real world, and it took us coming to this one, for me to see who you really are. You don't even have the same personality! All you are is a crazy, villain," she yelled directly at him.