CHAPTER:7

Sunday went in a beautiful way. Both went for shopping, and had their lunch in a restaurant. In all they spent a good day together with Suraj trying million times to say his feelings but the brave and stern man in him was on leave today. 
Next day that is on Monday, Suraj went to office. As Nitibha entered the cabin, Suraj asked her to take place in the chair opposite to him. She obeyed.
Suraj, " Nitibha, I wanted to inform you that I am transferring you to one of my friends. She is posted in Delhi and is in the need of a personal assistant.So I had to help her."
Nitibha hiding her disappointment, "ok sir! I will go and join."
Suraj felt sorry for telling a lies. He only asked his friend to have Nitibha as her PA telling her how efficient she is at her work. But at last, anything for Chakor.
He didn't tell Chakor about this rather she came to know it from Arhaan when he came to pick Suraj. Chakor was happy but more shocked when she saw Arhaan in place of Nitibha. When she came to know that Nitibha is transferred by Suraj, she felt guilty as she knew the real reason which was she herself.
She went to Suraj and asked him why did he do that. This wasn't right to do this for her insecurities which were most probable to be baseless.
Suraj, "I know, you can afford to be insecure over someone's job. But I can't afford to lose your trust. That's the only thing our relationship is based upon...And I didn't make her jobless, she got a even good job."
Chakor, " ok but don't you think that wasn't required."
Suraj, " What I think is your jagatmata' mode is on and your 'possessive for me' mode is off today." Smirkingly.
Chakor, " hello sir! I am not possessive for you.!!!"
Suraj, "oh! You are not...unbelievable!!!!" and smilingly he went away.
Chakor agitated questioned herself, " why will I be possessive for him?" and she didn't know the reason why she smiled as an answer.
Suraj couldn't concentrate on his work. He wanted to tell Chakor how much he loves her but he couldn't do that. He loved the time when she was around. He wanted just to hold her hand and say everything he wants. But it wasn't possible. The reason behind this hesitation was well known to him. And that was he was unsure of her feelings. How will she react on his confession. May be...no! He was not willing to imagine the consequences.
She did everything a wife must do. Taking his care, preparing food, his clothes, his things, nursing him during illness but he can't interpret her care as love.
Suraj never was so helpless in anything but love and Chakor defeated him.
Finally, he made a conclusion that either he will make himself sure that Chakor loves him or he will himself make her fall in love with him. Before that no confession because he is in relationship, not in khatron ke khiladi.
The second option made him laugh at himself. But he will have to do something.
In their home, Suraj was sitting with a thousands of files before him as he was to do some investigation regarding a scam. Arhaan just left from there after providing him with the needed documents.
Suraj was completely engrossed when Chakor entered. She saw the work and offered to help him. He got ready at once not for the work but to feel her near him.
The work finished in less than two hours. They sat to relax for sometime and ordered food from a restaurant nearby.
She was sitting near him and it was the best opportunity to ask her what she feels. So he decided to initiate the conversation.
Suraj, " Chakor, did you talk to Papa. How is he now?"
Chakor, " he is fine."
Suraj, " you love him more than anyone else."
Chakor smilingly, "yes! None can take his place."
Suraj, " ok...what if anyone like him comes in your life."
Chakor, " no one is like him in this world!" proudly.
Suraj, "if anyone anywhere near to him, loves you like him, then."
Chakor unable to understand, "Suraj what are you saying. I am not getting it."
Suraj, trying to explain her, "I mean can you make a place in your heart for another person who loves you like he does."
Chakor, " Can anyone love me that way, Suraj when I am so passive. I have never talked to a man except my father. Shashwat, my only friend was the second person who is obviously just my friend and now it's you , the third man in this world with whom I talk.
Suraj, "And who am I?"
Chakor, "hmmm...i must say I have found a really good friend" in you.
Suraj strucked by the word 'friend'. 
-Am I just a friend? Am I nothing more than that?-
Chakor continued, " A friend . A good one or rather the best one. You do so much for me never asking anything in return. My parents are far away in London, and I am living just under your care. I must say me and my family both trust you a lot."

Suraj smiled a fake smile because what he desired was more than this. He was bent upon clearing all his doubts on her feelings,no matter the outcome is pleasing to him or not and there he goes.
Suraj, " Chakor don't you ever felt the need of love in your life. Love from a person who could not only love you but understand your perspectives. Someone of your age group."
Chakor confusingly, "Suraj, what do want to know from me?"
Suraj, " Just a random thought. As I feel that now it's high time, someone must come in my life."
Chakor was amazed at his thoughts. 
-He wants someone. Does he feel lonely. Am I not a good company. 
Just then the bell rang. And the talking session was terminated. Both were completely unsatisfied from each other's words. Suraj felt sure that Chakor has no feelings for him and considers him just a friend. Whereas Chakor looked herself down that she isn't a good one. So Suraj wants someone else. 
That someone else' irritated her. She was never able to interpret what her equation was with Suraj but still as said by him, she was very possessive of him. Despite being in a marriage, they lived like roommates and nothing more. There was nothing like husband-wife. And the reason for this was Suraj. He never accepted the supremacy Chakor gave him. He was just concerned about being a best of her friend. He hated those traditional customs of Indian marriage considering husband as the higher one. Rather he preferred both to be at equal terms.
One such day was being recalled by Chakor when after returning from London, she had to celebrate her first karwachauth with him. Her mother in law sent the sargi and Suraj was completely unaware of the auspicious day.
He was to leave early for the office so went to have breakfast as soon as possible. But Chakor was just serving him and wasn't serving herself. When he asked the reason and asked her to have the breakfast, she simply refused saying, " Suraj today is karwachauth and I have to keep a fast for you."
Suraj was taken aback and then he noticed her hands with mehandi and red colored frock suit. In haste or to be more precise, not to distract himself, he didn't took a glance at her. And now he could just admire her beauty and nothing else. Out of nowhere, he stood up keeping back the first morsel in his hand. 
Chakor couldn't guess what will be his reaction. But the next moment her all doubts were cleared. He simply asked her to not keep fast because it may be not good for her health to stay hungry for whole day and it was too hot that day.
Chakor simply nodded in no.
Suraj, "try to understand Chakor! You don't need to do all this. I consider these rituals as outdated and there is nothing like this fast will increase my life span."
Chakor, " I know what you think but these are the rituals. We have to follow them."
Suraj, " I know. Mom might have persuaded you. I'll call her. And took out his phone when Chakor snatched it."
Chakor, " what if I want to keep this fast. We already had a no rituals marriage for my studies." And at least I could keep a fast.
Suraj, " Chakor plea...", only to be stopped by her. 
Chakor, "Suraj I want means I want." Helplessly Suraj gave up but then it was not his way. He picked up her blazer and walked away. Chakor thought that may be he got angry, so she went behind him with the plate. 
Once he stopped, she pleaded him to have food and not be angry. But to her surprise, he took the plate and kept it aside. 
Suraj, " I will not eat!".
Chakor with a puppy face, "Suraj don't be angry. Please try to understand."
Suraj with a even cuter expression, " no madam! If you are not eating, then why should I. And let me tell you I am no where less than you even in remaining hungry and thirsty for just one day."
Chakor asked him to not do this as he had to work a lot and she will remain at home. But all in vain. 

Now , Suraj being sure that Chakor doesn't love him, he felt heartbroken. His first option failed and now he was left with the second one that seemed almost next to impossible. A girl like Chakor who was so passive couldn't be made to fall in love so easily.
But he was determined to make her his and so he determined himself to execute a plan. And what we got to see was a typical Suraj Rajvanshi.