CHAPTER 17

Life isn't that easy always. And especially for those who dedicate their lives for others. 

It was a bright morning. And what can be better to have a coffee with the one you love. And so was for our couple. Suraj Chakor seated in the dining room, with the sunlight peeping through the window to get a glance of the wonderful warmth in the room. 

Their silence spoke what their words couldn't. She was habitual to this. Without looking at each other, just feeling. 

But! Damn the doorbell, that always interrupted their moments. Suraj irritated went to open the door, with a plan to soon uninstall this bloody bell. 

The door opened to a postman from the government headquarters. He received the two letters. One for MR. SURAJ RAJVANSHI and another for MRS. CHAKOR RAJVANSHI.

He came in to give Chakor her letter. And read his own.

Chakor, " Invite for training!"

Suraj, "Another posting!!"

Now letters were read properly. Chakor was to leave for her training, whole for six months, to Shillong. Suraj too, was being posted somewhere else because he completed a six months duration in Delhi. Both got a leave of four days to make preparations to leave for their respective places.

Now to rise and get trained up to become a professional was kept aside, the fear of being away from him crept her mind. Shillong! That's a far place. How will she live there. She looked up at Suraj to get some consolation..but Suraj was all smiley smiley.

Chakor, " I am dying here, and you are smiling!"

Suraj suddenly showing concern, " What happened Chakor? Now this will be the best time of your life.!"

Chakor, "How!?"

Suraj, " You will learn so many good things. You will enjoy there. And lastly, Shillong, the place of cold winds with smiling air. BTW am jealous of you now!"

Chakor, "Suraj! But how will I live there?!?"

Suraj, "Like others will live. Like I lived! Believe me! It will be the best time of your life! Live it to the fullest!"

Chakor frustrated, "Damn! I am talking about you!"

Suraj smirkingly, "What me!?"

Chakor, "Without you!?...but leave it! You don't care!"

Suraj, "I do care! It's just that I know once you will meet your trainer, your batch people, you'll definitely love to be there."

And heartedly half heartedly, she settled with what came.

They went for shopping, to make arrangements. Chakor bought some winter clothes. Suraj too was so thrilled seeing the winter collection, that he too bought them. They planned to spend these four days together because may be it's the last time when they can be together properly. Once Chakor starts her work after training, it will be extremely difficult for both to find some time together. This saddened Chakor. Each second that passed by, made her realize that the time is near. And what annoyed her even more was Suraj's easy-going behavior in such a time. However, Suraj gave a cut short reason that Chakor is going to love this time, so why should he be sad. 

These for days passed in a jet speed. They spent all time together, making preparations and giving each other the best quality company. 

In our case, that is sukor's case, Suraj was always a bigger despo than Chakor;)..that's a basic and one of the most important characteristics of sukor. But this is something different. He was all calm and composed but Chakor was loosing her cool as the time to leave was approaching. She being a bigger despo, this particular time ;).

It was their last night together. They were to leave early in the morning. She wanted Suraj to accompany her at least to Shillong airport. But he refused saying he too had to report his arrival at the governor office, of the place he's posted. And take up his work as soon as possible. 

Chakor was probably hurt but she didn't spoil their moments together by arguing or fighting with him. She preferred being silence. But her silence was sensed by the one who shared the other side of the bed. And the reason also.

Chakor was facing the other side and he was reading some of his old books. But he felt the need to console her. He killed the silence saying, "Chakor!"

No reply.

Suraj again, "Chakor!?"

No reply.

He decided to check whether she had slept or what. So, held her shoulder again saying, "Chakor!"

No reply.

But! But her sudden and slight moment under the blanket, when he touched her, made him sure that she is awake.

He reviving all his naughtiness, held her tight from the back, holding her stomach above the blanket. Yeah! He made sure she's covered with the blanket.

She shuddered but didn't stop her acting.

He adjusted his face on her shoulder and started speaking, "Finally she's in her deep sleep. She won't wake up before morning and yet again, I get another opportunity to grab her tight as I do, EVERY NIGHT!"

And all the adjustments were destroyed. She woke up suddenly, in disgust, throwing him away, and throwing her blanket. He shocked!

Chakor, "You do this EVERY NIGHT!?"

Suraj bursts laughing. He expected such reaction from her. Seeing him laughing at such a damn serious situation made her confused. But then slowly she realized what he was doing. And the final outcome was a one sided pillow fight, where our INNOCENT Suraj was made the victim.

After a good domination session over her husband, Chakor felt good. She again made things proper and went to her place. Suraj this time with a love filled heart came to her.

Suraj, " Chakor! We have heart to heart connection. There is nothing like distance exists between us. No matter how far we are, whenever you want me, just take my name with the voice of your heart. I'll be there."

Chakor rested her head on his shoulder. 

He continued, " And for your kind information, we are in a modern world and not in Akbar's reign where your love letters will reach to me after 1 month. We can talk on phone anytime you want."

Chakor, "Suraj! At least ten times. Because I don't want to miss you there."

Suraj, "OK! Ten times! At least ten times!" And he smiled to himself.