Will you?

Lou's POV:
I was waiting for Nate to pick my call, but he didn't. For the past few minutes I've been waiting for him to pick me up for College. Finally I reached​ his home and pressed the calling bell. Mrs. Smith attended the door after few seconds.

"Good morning Mrs. Smith! I've been calling Nate for a while but he didn't pick up his phone... Is he at home?" I asked in a polite manner.

"Good morning sweetie! Nate said he's taking the day off to college. I thought he would've told you." She said in a puzzled manner.

"Oh. Well, he didn't tell me anything. I hope he's feeling good?" I asked her.

" Yeah he must be feeling well. He hasn't come out of his room yet. And his voice sounded well. You can visit if you want to, Lou." She said with a cue inviting me inside the home.

I looked at my wristwatch and realised I'm getting late to college. So i just told her I'd meet him in the evening and I left his home. I rang Bec and asked her to pick me. And she picked me up gratefully.

"Where's Nate?" Stacy asked.

"He's at home. He took his day off it seems." I said in a dumb manner.

I could see them looking at each other guessing the reason behind my dumb behaviour. I just ignored them and gazed at the streets through the window.

Everything about yesterday flashed like pictures in front of me. I still couldn't believe what happened that moment, that unexpected moment in my life. The moment that turned everything... I was interrupted ​by the song that Stacy turned on.

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me...

The song suited the situation that I was in. I still couldn't believe what happened yesterday. I was totally zoned out into the scenes that happened yesterday.
.
.
.
.
We were traveling to a beach in the outskirts. Though we didn't have the beach outfits, we just went to the beach. The sound of the waves was audible as we reached the beach. The beach seemed less crowded than usual. We spent a little time playing in the water and we were reminded of our childhood memories where we used to play in the beach sand. We started walking in the beach and that's when...

"Lou!? C'mon we're getting late already!" Bec poked me.

I stepped out of the car and we started running towards our class. We entered the class at the perfect time. The professor reached the class just few seconds after us.
.
.
.
The lectures were quite boring. It was totally boring and I wasn't in my senses the whole day. We went to cafeteria during the break. I ringed Nate's number, but he didn't pick up. He wasn't online either. His absence totally disturbed me. I missed him a lot. I started over thinking, which that I hate doing but at the same time, that which I usually do.

"Thanks for coming with me, Lou!" He said looking at me. He stopped walking.

"What's there to thank, Nate? It's just a ride as we had some leisure time." I said avoiding eye contact with him.

"Lou." He called.

I looked at him and his eyes wanted to convey something but he looked hesitant. I raised by brows asking him what.

"Wi...will you stay with me?" He asked after a long sigh.

"Well, I am staying with you, right!?"

"Um, I didn't mean that, I meant staying throughout my life as my partner." He said.

I stood motionless for a moment not understanding what was happening. Did he just propose me? Should I say yes? What should I do now? I stood not knowing what to say.

"Will you?" He asked, this time with hope in his eyes.

I knew I would be happy with him. He is the kind of guy I've never seen. The caring, loving and the guy any girl would dream to live with. I made up my mind to say a 'yes', but was stopped by him.

"If you need some time, take your own time. I'd wait until you trust me and feel the same way I feel towards you." He said.

"I trust you, Nate!" The words slipped out of my lips right after his statement.

He looked at me surprised. He couldn't believe it. He pulled me towards him and hugged me. For a moment I felt totally complete. I hugged him back. He pulled me back and placed a kiss on my forehead. We smiled at each other with the joy of ecstasy in our hearts.

"Lou!" Stacy called. "Are you okay? It seems like something's bothering you."

"Um, nothing. I'm good." I told her reassuring with a nod.

I texted him asking if he was fine, before entering into our next class.
.
.
.
Our classes got over and Stacy, Bec, and I reached the parking lot. Stacy said she'd drive, so Bec sat in the passenger seat. I sat in the backseat.

I checked my phone if I've received any messages. But there​ wasn't any notifications.

We drove to a nearby café from the beach. He got us my favourite Irish coffee with some cookies. We spoke a little at the café. We had a dead silence until we reached our home. Before I could step out, he caught me and placed a kiss in the temple. I hugged him and bid him bye. We didn't talk anything else. We didn't even say those three words: 'I love you.' Probably this was our kind of relationship.

PS: The song was "rewrite the stars" from the movie "The greatest showman."

Thanks everyone for reading. And really sorry for updating it after a long time. Hope you liked this chapter. Have a good day. :)