A Perfect night

Lou's POV:

I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

We sat opposite to each other with bright lamps in the middle. Soothing sound of the waves, shining light amidst the dark, breezy wind, pleasant music, starry sky and two pairs of eyes locked. Everything was perfect for the two of us. I still didn't know if it's a date, but I was sure about one thing. This night is going to be amazing!

" 'cause we were just kids when we fell in love." He sang not taking his eyes off me.

"Really!?" I asked wondering if he loved me from our childhood days.

With music in the background suiting the situation, he came and sat next to me. Took my hand and interwined with his. I felt shivers down my spine like an electric current passing. Unknowingly I found myself​ lying on his shoulder.

"Yes, you never knew it. I love you ever since our childhood days. I didn't know it was love at that stage yet understood you are unique to me. I still remember you in those beautiful blue frock running around the garden. Sometimes you even run behind me to protect yourself while playing." I could sense him smiling through the shrug he made.

"You used to be my little angel staying with me always and we were making memories together. Your smile, your little pony, your wink, pout, cries, and what else. I still remember every little thing about you. One day, we wore white together. You were wearing a white gown flowing till the floor and I was wearing a white shirt. I was really happy that day, though I didn't know the reason behind it."

"How did I not know you liked me this much? I've been such a kiddo!" I sulked.

"You were a kiddo at that time." He laughed at the way I reacted.

"This moment was the one I was waiting for years to happen. You and me in a beach in the night with music and lights. From then till now I've always loved you and I'll love you forever​ and ever. Sounds cheesy but still I do." He said taking out a box in his hand.

I sat straight and looked at him with utter shock. What is he doing? It was yesterday that he proposed me and today...What is he even trying to do? Nate looked at me and gave a puzzled look. He opened the box and I found a little necklace with a star pendant. I remembered it, the necklace that Ms.Smith presented me during my fourth grade. I missed it back and never found it.

"How and where did you get this!? I missed it years back!"

"We were playing at school one evening and you lost the necklace there. But you didn't recognise it until we came back home. The other day I searched and found it near the swing. I wanted to give it back to you that day but that was the day I came to know about us moving out of the town. So, I kept it with me in your remembrance. Now, I think I have to give it to the person who owns it." He handed me the box.

I took it and tried to wear it but failed. Nate took the necklace and wore it around my neck. I found chills under my spine and my heart beating faster. He hugged me from the back in a gentle way.

"Do you wanna dance?"

"I don't dance well!"

"Neither do I!"

He raised up and asked my hand for dance. He took me in his hands and we danced for the same song 'Perfect'.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms...
.
.
.

We were dancing in a funny way. It wasn't full of romance rather laughter, smiles and eye locks. Yet, I never wanted this night to end.

PS: The song mentioned in this chapter is 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran.

Thanks for reading people!