Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - The "Good" Coach

Mornings always look so peaceful; the sunlight shines through the trees and all the animals come out of their homes to greet each other (not always with good intentions). I wish I could see one like that but no, I'm sat at the kitchen table, eating my breakfast half dead from the lack of sleep and staring out the pitch black window. Heck, the sun isn't even up yet! But that's what you have to do for school, right?

Groaning, I walked over to the sink, stubbing my toe into the table the second time this morning, and put my dish in the sink.

"(Y/n)!" My mom called from the front door, getting ready to leave for work.

"What!" I yelled back, not in the mood for any kind of loud sound, even though I just yelled.

"(Y/n), can you come to the front door?"

I thought that was a strange request but I grabbed my bag anyway, figuring that I'd be leaving soon.

I froze in place when I got to the doorway and turned to my mom. She didn't look necessarily happy, but she didn't look like she was livid (thank Irene for that).

"Why don't you introduce me to your friend?" She told me, the smile on her face obviously fake, at least to me.

"Um," I stuttered, looking over at the boy angrily before turning to my mother with a smile on my face. "Mom, this is Gene, a boy I met at school."

My mom looked over at him, still smiling abnormally. "It's nice to meet you, Gene, I'm (Y/n)'s mother."

Gene glanced over at me with a puzzled expression before responding to her. "Uh, yeah, nice to meet you too I guess?"

My mom's eyes squinted a bit with suspicion but she still kept the creepy smile on her face. I knew that this was not going well and that I needed to get away as soon as possible so I stepped outside with my bag and waved at my mom.

"Bye mom, I'll be leaving now!"

"Bye (Y/n), have a nice day at school!"

I nodded at her and took Gene's sleeve forcefully before walking out of the driveway.

"Hey, stop pulling on my sleeve, you're going to stretch it," Gene whined, grabbing my wrist to pull my hand off.

I glared over at him and didn't try to hide the fact that I was beyond annoyed by him. "Did you take me home yesterday so that you would know where to pick me up this morning?"

Gene shrugged, not answering my question.

"Are you crazy? If I stayed at home at told you to go on to school, my mom would have flipped out on me!"

"Yeah, what's up with your mom? She seemed kind of..."

"Annoyed, irritated, livid?" I listed out suggestions, trying to get my point across, "That's because you showed up at the door out of nowhere. Who does that?"

Gene chuckled at me, "Have you ever had friends before?"

I stood still for a second, stunned that he even asked me such a question. Did I ever have friends? Was he questioning my social skills?

"Excuse me? Of course I have, but none of them showed up at my house without telling me," I told him, "And second of all, we're not friends."

"Ouch," Gene put a hand on his chest like he was hurt. "What's up with your mom though? Does she not like me?"

"Not necessarily."

"Why not?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and shook my head. "She thinks you're a bad influence, and clearly she's right."

"What makes me a bad influence?"

"First of all, you vandalize-"

"I vandalized?"

"Spray painting the bridge in the park is vandalism," I scoffed. Gene was getting on my nerves. "You also skip school."

"You did it with me," He said, smirking at me.

"Yeah, that's because I knew you wouldn't leave me alone until I did," I snapped at him.

He held his hands up in surrender in an attempt to calm me down a bit. "Then if you know so much about being a good influence, teach me."

I froze, looking at him like he had two heads. What the heck was he talking about?

"Teach you?"

"Yeah, be my 'good' coach," Gene smirked, his eyes shining.

I shook my head. "You're crazy if you think that I'll teach you. That's impossible."

"Come on Little Dove," He whined, "Teach me how to be good."

I glared at him as I kept walking, begging to be closer to school. "I don't think-"

"Fine, if you teach me how to be good, I'll teach you how to be bad."

"What?" I squealed, wondering where he got that I wanted to be bad from, "I don't-"

"Great. It's a deal," He smiled mischievously before walking ahead of me.

"Uh, wait a minute-"

"Too late!" He chuckled, "Be ready, my little delinquent."

༺༒༻

Hey, this one is pretty early! It's only been like a week since I posted my last chapter.

Haha, don't get used to it, I have a busy week ahead of me.

Anyway, I made a new book! It's actually a sequel to my book Socially Awkward. I discontinued my last sequel like a year ago and I decided I wanted to write a new one so if you want to check it out, go ahead, but I encourage you to read Socially Awkward first.

I love all of you and I hope you have a great day/night!

- Author~Chan