Chapter 6 - Demon's Desire

Watching the leader of the Zodiacs cringe was the highlight of the day. Well after waking up with Lucy. He looked past the elegant spirit and saw his companion on her bed. She didn't appear to be wearing much and judging by her hair she finally got out of the bath.

"So, what do you want, hellspawn?" Mr. Kitty growled.

"Lucy, I attempted to prepare food but I don't think it's supposed to start a fire." Mard said, while still not making eye contact with the lion.

Lucy bounced out of bed and ran right past both men. Mard noted how cute she looked in her tiny shorts and black tank top. Her body was truly a marvel and he'd enjoy each time he got to look at it but touching was better. Flea bag growled into his ear and he found it distasteful.

"I don't think I have to explain to you how we lions enjoy playing with our prey. You hurt her in any way I will open my gate and throw so much holy light into your body Zeref will feel it." Leo said his voice darker than he thought a light being should have.

Mard yawned and started walking away, he'd been threatened enough in his life and was in no mood for angry kitty. Leo grabbed him and the former king locked eyes with him. "Do not threaten me little kitty. You won't enjoy it when I hit back. But to your point, I have no intention to hurt my mage."

"Your mage?" The big shot spirit arched an eyebrow his lips quirked in amusement.

"Like it or not for all intents and purposes, Lucy is my mage. We are bonded emotionally to each other and she's nice to me. So that makes her mine. I do not harm what is mine." Mard kept his face like a mask and his voice even. Fighting with Lucy's spirit was not going to help him in the slightest. Showing too much emotion would do him no favors, because to do so would be like putting blood in a shark tank.

"Fair enough. Know I'm watching you." The spirit pushed up his sunglasses and left.

Mard shrugged slightly and walked to the kitchen. Lucy was in there tapping her foot and looking annoyed. Black smoke was billowing out of the oven.

"You do know what when making a pizza you take it out of the box first?" She said.

"I know, it was all I had to get you out of the bedroom." Mard shrugged before putting his hands into his pockets. Watching her annoyed with that little snarl to her lips was ever so delightful.

Her eyes went wide for a fraction of a second. Again, it added to her charm. "Wait! You did this on purpose?"

"Well of course, I'm not inept. My goal achieved because you are here instead of your room. So, what shall we do?" He smiled a bit, somewhat delighted in how he could push her buttons. Of course, he was happy to get her away from that spirit. The emotions she had with him in the room had confused him. Not because he didn't fully understand them but because they were triggered by someone who wasn't him.

Mard had always been selfish and demanding that things revolved around him. If Lucy was going to have those kinds of feelings it's because he gave them to her. Why or when this became important was not a factor, the fact that he even had this emotional possessiveness was the actual point.

Lucy pinched her forehead and Mard didn't have to feel the connection to know she was angry and frustrated. This was going very well and he was going to get what he wanted. Which was more Lucy time and perhaps he'd get her back on his lap and her fingers through his hair. He really liked last night but desired more.

"We need to get this cleaned up and the smoke out of the house. Then I need to find my whip and use it on you." She tapped her foot and set her jaw, Mard was still happy that she looked so annoyed.