Chapter 39 - Who Left Cobra Unsupervised?

"You did what?" Lucy half shrieked at Mard as they were getting dressed.

"Left Cobra as Warlord so we could come home for a day." Mard said as he pulled on a very nice black suit. Lucy didn't know he had the outfit but the black silk with dark purple dress shirt and black tie was really doing something for her. Then again a man in a suit is completely drool worthy. As long as no one tells that to Loke.

"Mard you have to get back there." She said pulling on her dress. She noticed how it was feeling a bit more snug than normal and pursed her lips.

"Rosebud, maybe you need to look at some new clothes?" Her king said and not only was he right but he was trying to change the conversation.

"I know," she sighed, "but we are not changing topics. Why did you leave him alone?"

"He isn't, Freed stayed behind to help. After a battle it's decorum to give the losers a day to clear their dead and mourn. That day is up, which means negotiations will begin." Mard put his arms around her waist and kissed her forehead. "You and Spawnling are more important, you have to know this."

"I know, but damn it Mard. We just won your kingdom back. I swear to goddess if you let it slide, I will personally kick your balls so high up you'll taste them." Lucy said while poking her finger into his chest, Mard only chuckled at her.

"I won't, Rosebud. I'll be gone for a while, are you okay with that?" He asked.

"Yes, if something comes up I'll send Corvus to grab you." Lucy replied as she thought of everything she has to do for the wedding.

"I want you to get a post-catatonic check up with the doctor, today. Then you have a dress fitting tomorrow and don't forget to check the caterer." Mard said and Lucy beamed at him. How he managed to stay on top of everything, despite that he wasn't at most of the wedding planning sessions, was beyond her. Maybe he has a spy?

"Anything else your majesty?" She asked with a touch of sarcasm.

"Rosebud, I have to get going. Asking for sex isn't going to help." Her king replied with a playful swat to her ass. An ass she noticed that was getting a bit bigger. Maybe less chocolate garlic fruits?

"Only you could find sarcasm as foreplay." She said, giving him a gentle tug on his pony tail.

"The fact you're pulling on my hair isn't helping and I can all but smell your arousal from here. Had no idea the suit was a lusty trigger for you." He said with a sly smile to his lips and Lucy half moaned to look at him.

Their lips pressed against each other as Lucy wasted no time and deepening the kiss. His fingers through her hair as he held her close to him. She could feel his own arousal push into her as their tongues glided against each other.

Sadly, she felt him pull back and felt a bit dizzy, but then again his kisses had that effect. "You're making this difficult to leave you now."

"Well, need to remind you why you want to get home sooner rather than later." Lucy replied as her finger ran up the bulge in his pants. Mard let out a low growl at her play and holy shit was that hitting her internal purr buttons.

"You don't have to remind me, I'll always come home." He said.

"Is that a promise?"

"Indeed." He glanced at the clock at the wall and sighed. Holding hands they walked out into the living room where everyone was waiting.

"Who's going with?" Corvus asked as he hugged her. She found him to be such a wonderful part of her world and bonding to him was like seeing an old friend.